dubes v HSBC - over in just 2 months

dubes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Firstly, great site - thanks to everyone for the help, advice and templates. My claim against HSBC has taken just two months to come to a satisfactory settlement and I couldn't have done it without this site.

Timeline of events:

19 Feb 2007 - Sent prelim letter claiming £670

28 Feb 2007 - received acknowledment from HSBC that they would investigate the matter

27 Mar 2007 - Sent LBA now claiming £820 (I was charged £150 overdraft fees in one month!)

18 Apr 2007 - received offer from HSBC for £783 which we will accept

I am sure I have been extremely lucky with my case, especially from reading some of the battles that other people have had to go through, but hopefully this shows that it can be a fairly simple, stress-free process.

Has anyone else had similar success or is this a complete one-off?

Thanks again - I will be sure to donate when the money comes through

Dubes

There is no set pattern Dubes. Some people get a partial offer before court action and some don't. Obviously a lot of people aren't prepared to settle for part of their money back and hang on for the full amount including the 8% interest on top. Everyone gets what they want in the end, it is just the timescales that vary!! :-)

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

going back a few months - nearly everyone was offered around 80-85% before they filed their claims - again, i think it is the sheer volume of claims which makes it more hit and miss now.

congratulations on getting your money back. when you are happy , so are we!