RBOS Credit Card, quick question...

Pirus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks! Hope all is well...

My mother is asking me to see if I can claim the charges back for her credit card that she used to use. I have looked around the forum but dont seem to be able to see any credit card topics.

Is it possible to claim charges back from the credit cards? Do I post in here if I start a new claim against them or is there a credit card forum I cant find? Lastly if I am able to claim do I use the standard letter for the request of statements?

Hi folks! Hope all is well...

My mother is asking me to see if I can claim the charges back for her credit card that she used to use. I have looked around the forum but dont seem to be able to see any credit card topics.

Is it possible to claim charges back from the credit cards? Do I post in here if I start a new claim against them or is there a credit card forum I cant find? Lastly if I am able to claim do I use the standard letter for the request of statements?

Not found any?!? There are specific forums for Barclaycard and Capital One and if you search for VISA in the RBS forums, I bet a load come up. Have no fear, credit cards are well within your claiming rights ;)

Yes you can claim, yes you post in here, not theres not a CC one for ALL CCs, yes you use the standard letters, head over to the library but bear in mind these charges aren't for Direct Debits and Overdrafts, they're for Missed Payments and Exceeding Credit Limits, so you will have to ensure you have the right terminology in the letter. If I recall there are CC specific letters in the Template Library somewhere.....

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Many thanks for the reply mate...

Will get a letter sent off tomorrow, there should be plenty of charges to claim back on the old plastic friend :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I havent started yet, in 2 claims currently with HSBC and Abbey so waiting for one or both of these to be settled before I start on another one :) as soon as I do I will let oyu know, good luck and I hope you get the money back off the theiving banks!

Not found any?!? There are specific forums for Barclaycard and Capital One and if you search for VISA in the RBS forums, I bet a load come up. Have no fear, credit cards are well within your claiming rights ;)

Yes you can claim, yes you post in here, not theres not a CC one for ALL CCs, yes you use the standard letters, head over to the library but bear in mind these charges aren't for Direct Debits and Overdrafts, they're for Missed Payments and Exceeding Credit Limits, so you will have to ensure you have the right terminology in the letter. If I recall there are CC specific letters in the Template Library somewhere.....

Hello fellow countryman! I'm claiming 22 x Overlimit charges totaling £424 from Egg. Egg have offered £64 - the difference between their £20 charge and £16 which they say has been approved by the OFT: 'OFT states the presumption of unfairness in relation to charges over £12 would NOT apply where exceptional business factors apply and referred to Egg's practice of requiring all customers to pay the minimum monthly payment by direct debit - in those circumstances the OFT acknowledges a card issuer may be able to set a fair default charge above £12'. Are they right or just twisting the words to suit them? If I press on with court proceedings is there any chance the court will agree with Egg? Totally new to this and feeling swamped by it all! Temped to take their paltry offer.

Reject it they are not right. Have a read in the general section the thread regarding the OFT's pending decision.

The OFT decision only recommends a cap of £12 - it is not stating that the £12 is lawful.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!