Barclaycard dpa non-compliance - Is estimation the way forward?

morgs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I sent my initial dpa request for information held on default charges way back in Janurary. After the 40 days had expired i then sent a letter of non-compliance and in a subsequent phone call was told that i could have statments may 2004 onwards as the rest were stored on microfiche and i would have to wait for these. Three weeks later i sent a final letter detailing action. I then received a call from barclaycard explaining how they can't track down my records on microfiche and that there was nothing they could do. I've asked for this in writing in case needed in future but i am unsure of how to proceed. I also spoke with the ICO today and they acknoledge that there are various dpa and retention issues and that i could possibly apply for compo.

I have three statements from may to july in which i was charged £120 although from august onwards an agreement was made and the account was inactive. If I can even claim at all (for pre may 04) would i do an estimate based on these three months charges for the duration?

morgs