Cabot's CCA letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been reading through the Cabot section and am pleased to say I can now add my bit of Cabot news. I CCA'd them last week and got this outstanding and rather backpeddling reply.

Further to previous communications regarding the above referenced account.

We can confirm that a copy of the credit agreement relating to this account has been requested from Barclaycard but we are not able to send this to you within 12 days.

Cabot Financial are the legal owners of the account but we are not in possession of the original application forms annd therefore any requests for copies are forwarded to the originator. We did stress the urgency of our request to Barclaycard but we are still waiting to recieve the agreement.

Please be assured that the document does exist and as soon as it is recieved in this office a copy will be forwarded to you.

Yours sincerely

Well that makes a change. No denying that the rights but not the duties, blah,, blah. Who signed that one? I wonder if they are having a change of herat. It's certainly a deviation from their template.

Even if it is total bolleaux that they say they can't comply with the request in the specified time limit.

As far as I'm concerned, being licenced under the CCA means they should be geared up to deal with these requests in a timely fashion. And if they can't then their nuts should be removed. Sorry, I meant to say, they should have their licence suspended.

I wouldn't mind so much if they couldn't comply with a few requests. But it appears to be every bloomin one of them. Surely by now they should see this coming. It can't be a total surprise that these requests are now hitting the doormat at an ever increasing rate.

I hope you are "assured" by knowing that a copy exists :p

I still bet you 19p that it doesn't turn up!

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

You do realise that if I win the bet, I demand payment within 7 days, otherwise I shall phone you ten times a day, send you badly worded threatening letters, sent the boys round, take you to court, steal your hubcaps, leave your headlights on so you get a flat batter, and draw rude pictures in chalk outside your house. :p

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Just got two letters from Cabot myself today. The first almost the same as Vampyra's with the addition of we anticipate a reply within the next 21 days, although it can take up to 8 weeks blah, blah, blah. Obviously I'll be more than patient and completely understanding as they've always been so pleasant to deal with (not). Also it appears by the signature on the letter that some of Cabots employees are still using crayon to write with.

The second was a reply to my SAR telling me that of course they'll give me all the info they have on me but I should also make a similar request to the creditor. Don't think so chum in your letter about my CCA request you tell me that you purchased the account.

The SAR letter was signed by the Assistant Legal Counsel - don't they have nice titles.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Maybe just different underpants.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.