• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bolton1 vs Co-operative Bank**Settled**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When did you put your claim in to them? I have already started the court process, received the acknowledgement of service saying that they are going to defend it, they have another 2 weeks to put their defence in. I'm expecting another 4 week letter any day now.

27th March, recieved by them on the 28th and received by Team 560 on the 30th which is the date they are working to. I'm suprised you've not heard anything yet as they are supposedly working on the 28th March. Why have you waited so long before filing in court?

Well ive just this minute recieved a letter from them saying they'll need another 4 weeks to investigate my complaint .Ive had it with them now , going to submit my MCOL this afternoon :mad:

If this is from your SAR then you really should follow the correct process of LBA before rushing off to court. It is frustrating having to wait (I have four ongoing things with Barclays and NatWest) but the proper procedures are what we should be sticking to.

:)

27th March, recieved by them on the 28th and received by Team 560 on the 30th which is the date they are working to. I'm suprised you've not heard anything yet as they are supposedly working on the 28th March. Why have you waited so long before filing in court?

I gave them 14 days from 11th April to refund me , fed up with their delay tactics, now i think its time for some action :mad:

If this is from your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) then you really should follow the correct process of LBA before rushing off to court. It is frustrating having to wait (I have four ongoing things with Barclays and NatWest) but the proper procedures are what we should be sticking to.

:)

Ive already recieved my list of charges . Sent in 2 claims for seperate dates ,one on the 26th March and the other on 30th giving them 14 days for a refund.

Sent 2 LBA letters ,one dated 10th April and the other 14th April giving them another 14 days to refund me otherwise court action .To date no refund or correspondance with regard to the last 2 letters .

I believe that ive given them fair warning of my intentions .

Yesterday i posted them another letter stating that i was beginning court action and that i would now be claiming interest as well but stated if they refunded me my original amounts claimed plus court costs within 14 days ,then i would waive the interest and cancel my legal claim .

can't say fairer that that can i ??

Bluesunshine, good for you sticking to the schedules outlined on this forum - BUT do these claims added together come to more than £5000 (without the 8% statutory interest)? The reason I ask is the advice on this forum used to be end one claim at a time to avoid the claims being lumped together and moved up to multi-track. Things may altered since I started claiming last year (nothing is written in stone on this forum) I merely post this for information. I think you could go for standard disclosure once you are in multi-track but on this matter I know nothing. All the best, Sally

• Haha 1

Getting bl**dy frustrated now. Just received another 4 week holding letter, 'phoned them up to be told that they have not even looked at any of the letters received after the 26th March but it will all be dealt with within the 8 weeks allowed under the FSA, she also said that it may take a week to deal with 1 days worth of letters as they don't have enough staff. When I asked about the legal action timescales she said that they knew nothing about it as it was dealt with by another department. Looks to me like they can't communicate with each other and haven't got a clue what is going on. To think that we have entrusted these people with our money for all these years. AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

So, they're not looking at letters received after 26 March - and this is your problem is it? I don't think so. You have said that you filed at court and are now waiting for a defence to be entered. What is this 4 week holding letter? Is it possible that you are talking to the department that would respond to the prelim or LBA? If so just leave them to stew in their own juice and wait to hear if the legal department (or co-op's solicitors) mount a defence. If they are desperate to talk to you they will contact you one way or another.

Cheers Sal, just getting frustrated now cos I could do with the money. They have only got till a week on Friday to file their defence if they are going to bother.

You may only be a spring chicken but I await their response eagerly 'cos you may be the first person down this particular road, hopefully followed by moi. (I could do with a cash injection too.)

I submitted a S.A.R request on the 27/02/07, sent 2 reminder letters after the 40 days, the second one notifying intention of court action. Finally got printouts going back to 2001 on the 02/05/07. I am not holding my breath as to how long they will take to respond to my claim, but i will be sticking to the timetable like glue.

Hi, can anyone help I have just received my charges for the last six years how do I work out how much to claim in one line they have commision total :idea: another line debit interest total and the third line is fees total can someone please help me as i dont know where to go from here cheers for now kendot

Hi Dotken. Looks confusing doesn't it, but it's not too bad. You can claim for commission less commission refunded and fees less fees refunded, I wouldn't bother with the debit interest as it's impossible to work out which percentage of it relates to the penalty charges and doesn't really amount to much anyway. Also you need to look out for unusual amounts in the commission column as these could be where you have used your card abroad and these could be transaction fees which also need to be deducted. In the fees column if you have a privilege account you also pay an amount each month for that typically ranging between £6 and £8.50 as it has gone up over the years, these also nedd to be deducted, they are not always explicit and if you have some fees at the same time as the privilege accouont money comes out they will be lumped together. If you get any problems give me a shout.

Hope it helps.

G.

What a bunch of bankers!!! Phoned Scotcall last week about an outstanding amount on a closed account and told them it was in litigation. They said that they would make a note and refer it back to the co-op. Received a letter today from the co-op saying the amount had been sold to equidebt on 1 november 2006 and all contact should be made to them. How very nice of them to let me know,and in such a timely manner.

Strange things are happening!!! Just phoned the bank (team 560) who informed me that my claim had been transferred to their managed accounts section as I had filed in court, even though that was three weeks ago and they only have one week left to put in a defence. So, I phoned managed claims and spoke to a lovely lady called Anita who told me that as I had filed in court they had less time than the FSA 8 week complaint period to deal with ( at last somebody who knows what they are talking about!!!) and it would be sorted out before the 4 week legal period is up ie next Friday. So Folks, it looks like they do not put in a defence in court although don't hold your breath as I haven't got it back yet.

thanks bolton. I am still confused can you help my total commision charges are £1029 with£185-50 refunded my total fees are £2038 of which £414-50 is privelige fees does that mean I can claim £2467. if that is right what do I do next? cheers for now kendot

From the figures you have quoted the £2467 seems correct. You need to put them onto the spreadsheet and send off your preliminary letter by recorded delivery. BTW does the 414.50 include any fees refunded as this seems quite high just for charges on the privilege account unless you have had the account for quite a while.

The Co-op have just settled for the full amount!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS. WHHHHOOOOOOPPPPPEEEEEEE. They won't go to court and have just settled with me over the phone for full amount plus 8% interest plus court fees plus an extra £43 quid accrued interest since I put the claim in which I didn't even ask for. Money will be in account tomorrow. Havin a bloody good few drinks tonight. Thanks Everyone. Gonna stay on this site though to help any others. I just love it.

Gareth

Cheers Bud, I am over the moon. Really nice guy that I spoke to. Anyway further to talking to them on Friday, I phoned again today bloke was REALLy apologetic about delays, said that the co-op didnt want to enter into any court stuff and asked if I was happy with full settlement. Didn't use MCOL filed in Manchester Court cos I live near there and they are based there To be honest, they are a decent bunch and a lot better than the others. However they react a damn site better when they know you have filed in court, I didnt send the prelim and saved myself two weeks although I know that it is not the best way to do it. Anyway, had a good few slurps toniht, CHEERS CO_OP.

Gareth