Mega Urgent! Offer made-what refund methods??

fabianne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just had my 1st letter back from Barclays offering me a paltry £155 refund-my claim is for £1200.Seems a standard letter,full and final etc-as I have seen posted on other threads.

Do I send the standard 2nd letter template from the Library section now,stating my intention to file at Court?

Can anyone supply a business version please? I am a sole trader and this all concerns my business account.

Thanks

Fabi x

Fabi :-) xx

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I received my 1st letter from Barclays basically biffing me off,so have now sent 2nd letter and am prepared to go to Court.

However,my new puppy got hold of that Barclays letter that day and ripped it to shreds in lightening speed!

I had to piece all the tiny scraps together with tape(very time consuming) in order to re-read it...and I admit to giggling afterwards,as it reminded me of the old schoolboy/girl excuse of "Sorry Sir-but my dog ate my homework!"

Just wanted to share a light hearted tale as I think this process can be quite stressful.

Thanks and good luck to all on this terrific site-

Fabi

x

Hi

I have sent 2nd letter to Barclays Head Office after getting a reply back with a laughable offer.

I have discussed the subject of charges with my Business bank manager several times, before sending off to Head Office. I told him my full situation, the fact that I can never seem to 'catch up' no matter how much money I throw into the bank and the effect it was having on my business.I never play the 'single mother' but I told him about working ridiculously long hours at work,then get home to start work selling on ebay.... along with looking after my children.

My manager asked me to put all my situation now in writing to him so he can discuss it with 'the powers that be' as I told him the bank should scrap their high charges and also offer periods of free banking to their existing loyal customers who need it, not just new customers.

Anyway-the question is...would I jeopodise my case with Head Office if I send this letter in? Or would it be seen as strengthening my case against excessive charges?? I just want the bank to get their foot of my head. It takes me an hour and a half to earn just one of their charges! Help!

Please help!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fabi,

I too am in the process of claiming on our closed business account, I have sent preliminary letter and had no satisfactory reply therefore I am about to send LBA, could you tell me whether you sent the LBA from the templates or if not what you actually sent them as the process seems to be different with business accounts. I am getting a little bit confused over what to send next and really dont want to cock it up at this early stage.

Thanks.

GE MONEY - DEBENHAMS CARD

Settled in full after prelim :)

MBNA

Settled after LBA

however mistake made by me on contractual interest so going after the rest now

SETTLED IN FULL JAN 2007:)

MINT

Offer after prelim rejected

Settled in full after LBA:)

to go:

Barclays Bus Ac - to mcol

Barclays CC - to mcol

Nat West (over 6 years) no action taken yet

Creation Financial - awaiting statements since Dec

Goldfish - offer after prelim rejected

and some more

Hi

Any advice welcomed.This concerns my business account.

Sent prelim letter of complaint-they offered £155

LBA letter sent with acceptance of that sum as only part payment etc.

Bought Small Claims book off here to study before submitting to Court,so I get it all right.Also planning to write letter of complaint to Ombudsman with all details.

Barclays business manager called me today at work,threatening to close my business account down.Says they sent me a letter (I never got it-he stated old address,although I sent a letter amending my details in Feb)Said that overdraft and business loan balance would have to be repaid within days or they would prosecute(can they send in bailiffs?).I have to make a hefty deposit tomorrow-and I just don't have a hefty amount to do so.I have tried to discuss this with him several times in the past to find a solution,I have not buried my head in the sand.He said it made no difference that I have lodged a complain with Head Office about the fee's and the account was in dispute.

Fact is: The main reason my account is this way is because of their fee's.I can never catch up before they charge me again!!I am working flat out and shovelling money into the bank-am very stressed.If they paid me what they have taken from me-there would be no probs with account

I have to speak to him again tomorrow-what should I say??

Please help!Am desperate!

ugh they are vile!!!! - we had a biz acount with them too - my husbands personal account was overdrawn by £500.00 and because of this (with two days notice) they closed it - they said at the time they wrote and let us know 28 days prior - bull they didnt!!! - anyways what im about to tell you may make you feel a bit better, they closed the accounts , yes a paiin in the arse to try to sort out another biz account but managed it, and let them close their ones, we refusaed to repay overdrafts immediatlely, and it took them months and months of sending letters for us to do anything about it (we simply were hacked off and of course broke!!) finally they sold on our debt to a company called thames who were really nice for a debt collection agency and they offered us a 45% reduction on what we owed as long as we paid up straight away - this was 1.5 yrs later!!!! - of course i beleive it afftcted my husbands credit so if you can i would say repay them and shut your account down, I would strongly recommend b4 they close it or your close it to open another business account elsewhere, as i am not sure what notes they can put on yur credit file if they close it which may make it diffcult to obtain another account elsewhere!

Do I make any sence?!!! LOL

In essence Barclays are a shower of ******* and do not care about business customers or indeed personal customers, I pratically got on my knees and begged our biz manager to help us and not close the account and he just shook his head and went ahead and closed it!!!

Funny how 4 yrs later we just sold the same business for £100,000 hah!!! who's laughing now!!

Hope that puts your mind at rest a little

Sharon

oh another thing, they cannot pass your account onto a debt collection agency if it is in dispute as it is - (i.e claiming back charges). Good luck with your meeting tommorow, in the meantime get onto another bank for an alternative account ( Lloyds do a yrs fee banking for new biz customers although they are as bad as Barlcays lol!!!)

Sharon

Thanks for that info,Fastpass-I had a basic chat with Bank Manager last week who told me to pay extra money into my account and things would be okay...so I went to the large money tree in my back garden,picked off a few handfuls and deposited them..

I got a charges statement yesterday for another £700.They are bouncing DD's all over the place and taking their fee's for doing so-if they didn't do this-this wouldn't happen so much..ggrrrr!I have all the paperwork for Nat West here to open another account,but will have a look at Lloyd's too.I just want a break!

Fabi x

Hi!

Had almost exactly the same happen to me - see my thread for all the gory details!!! :mad:

We left back in April and went to Lloyds...have to say we are 100 times better off with them than we were with Barclays. :)

Worth a try in my humble opinion...they were really understanding when we told them all that had happened to us!

Good luck - I know what it's like...working more just to get charged more! :-x

Hopefully your break will come soon!

Sarah

BARCLAYS - £9,807.75

Data Protection Act SENT - 13TH JUNE 06

PRELIMINARY SENT - 13TH JUNE 06

LBA SENT - 4TH JULY 06

:o CLAIM FOR £9,707.75 FILED - 17TH JULY 06

:mad: CLAIM SERVED 1ST TIME - 20TH JULY 06

:mad: CLAIM SERVED 2ND TIME - 22ND JULY 06

:mad: CLAIM SERVED 3RD TIME - 2ND AUGUST 06

ACKNOWLEDGEMNET OF SERVICE - 14TH AUGUST 06

DEFENCE RECEIVED - 30TH AUGUST 06

ALLOCATION QUESTIONAIRE - 18TH SEPTEMBER 06

ALLOCATED TO FAST-TRACK - 28TH SEPTEMBER 06

STANDARD LIST OF DISCLOSURE

(BY LIST) AS ON COURT ORDER - 1ST NOVEMBER 06

Hi

Thanks Sarah

I am going to trawl around to find another bank-Last year I applied for an Alliance and Leicester business account but got turned down-which knocked the wind out of my sails and I thought that another bank would not touch me,with my record from last year and being a 'trouble causer' for Barclays by complaining about the fee's.

I have applied to Nat West and have the paperwork here to complete but might take a look at Lloyds.

The position I am in is due to a series of devastating events staff wise and my cashflow went up the wall.I went from the Bank manager phoning me to praise me for the way I conducted my account which was never overdrawn and them bending over backwards offering me overdrafts and business loans that were not needed...to this aggro.I have my business up for sale as the stress on top of a huge work load in a service based industry is getting too much-finding it hard to smile a genuine smile and I don't 'do' plastic ones.

Has anyone else found a sympathetic ear and help by swapping banks?

I would be very interested to know more tales-makes me feel I am not alone on this.

Cheers!

Fabi x

hi ya barclays freatened me gave me 4 days to bring my account into credit. they bombarded me with phone calls starting at 8 in the morning. In the first 2 phone calls i told them the account was indispute they didnt listen, o just stopped answering the phone to them. I finally sent them a letter telling them it was against the law to do anything with my account while it is in disput and that if i got any more phone calls from them and I would make a formal complaint to the police for harrassment. Got just one more call from them the day after they got there letter but didnt answer it. that was 30th August heard nothing since.

As this is a business account and the threat that has been issued,I am very wary of it all and have spend HOURS researching all the info on here,bought the book etc..I have found something called the Cruikshank Report..is this relevant for a small business to quote?

My Bank manager called me today,but was too busy at work to take the calls (all 4 of them) so he is obviously on a mission.I will call back-but is it definate that they cannot threaten you whilst an account is in dispute?

Thanks

Fabi

x

Fabi Hi!

I would think its a good idea to PM a moderator and ask for some advice about this - I am 99/9% sure that we are correct in our postings but I would have more peace of mind if I knew for sure like you!

Just send a link asking them to check out your thread (dont post the details in your message to them) and someone should pop in to have a look and confirm or deny what we have told you!

Good luck babe and keep the faith!

Barclays have always been a pain in the butt for us and our business account. Years ago my hubby and his dad were partners and when things got tough they went into the bank and asked for help etc. The bank manager was as nice as pie. Two days later they got a letter calling in the overdraft in 4 days !!!! we nearly died of shock.........had to get a loan. Hate them hate them........ I have just sent them a letter before action on hubbys personal account so no doubt they will close that.

I am interested to know where to open a new buisness account too.

Sorry I can't help about closing your account when in dispute, I don't think they can but remember the banks are a law unto themselves.

I really know how you are feeling it's an awful situation. I think its best not to be in business and ESPECIALLY EMPLOYING PEOPLE. I bet you get whats left and its usually nothing.You think you can have time off anytime you like because you are the boss, we get less holidays than anyone. I keep telling hubby to get a proper job.

Sorry about that rant I could go on and on and on and on and on Whoops.

Lizzy

Halifax

Sent LBA
27/6/06

Been on hol for a week, got home found letter from them dated
27/6/06 offer of £92 claiming £1155.10 so no deal.

Filed claim with Moneyclaim 12/07/06

Halifax acknowledged claim 25/7/06

Court papers received 28/7/06 Halifax intend to defend.

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL 1/8/06

Donation made

Birmingham Midshire (mortgage charges) Prelim letter sent 2nd Aug 2006, full offer received 11th Aug with conditions.

13th Aug accepted offer unconditionally.

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES (MORTGAGE) SETTLED IN FULL 24/8/06

Sent SurlyBonds template letter to get defaults removed to Birmingham Midshires 27/08/06

DEFAULTS REMOVED 5/09/06.
THATS 9 DAYS LATER, YES 9 DAYS

Sorry to ask again but there is one more thing(Don't shout)-I was unsure about the Data Protection info request for a business before I sent my letters to the Bank as I could not find any info on the site about if this was appropraite for a business account.I have now printed it all off-is it too late as I am very interested if this has made a mess of my record???

Hi Shaz-I will follow your advice and PM someone with my thread,although I know that they must be snowed under.I have been reading for hours again now!

Lizzy-that is exactly how other people seem to think when you have your own business! "She's doing alright for herself" People think you can work when you want,do as little as possible and rake the money in,have devoted staff,live a decandent lifestyle etc etc....I think you work harder for yourself than for anyone else,have all the stress,staff problems and strive so much to survive in a small business.

I am trying to sell my business and get a 'proper job' teaching the trade that I love-less stress,more money,fixed holidays-more time with my kids and walking my gorgeous doggie!

Nag your hubbie big style!

Bliss!

Thanks for your replies girls-I appreciate the support as am a bit wobbly with it all going on right now!

Fabi x

Fabi, your question is a genuine interesting one, and one which could mean a big difference in how you respond to dear old manager at barclays tommorow! First off PM someone, also if Mr Barlcays rings, tell him to put whatever he has to say in writing, that may hold him off for a couple of days, or alternatively get someone to answer for you and say you are not available for a couple of days and to write to you!Tell you something for nothing, since we sold our business my stress levels have gone down ten fold! My son knows who I am again, I dont go to bed worrying about tommorow and although there isnt as much coming in - I am happy! I am truly sorry your business is going down a patchy road, but believe me when i say things happen for a reason!Definately not too late to send a date protection request into them, keep an eye on your credit record too in the meantime, expecially if they are getting fidgety about what you owe them, at least that way if they do play dirty you will know straight away and alter your letters to them accordingly!Good luck keep us updated, right beside ya!

ok copy and paste from the address bar at the top of this web page i.e

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/30981-urgent-barclays-threatening-close.html?posted=1#post264463

thats the link to your thread... lemme go look to see if there is someone around! - okay heres how you find out who's online right now,,, go here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ scroll down to the very bottom of the page... and you will see this

What's Going On?

and a box underneath with a list of those online at the moment. the pink names and green names are the mod's i believe! -

click on a name and send a PM ;)