Forteboy Vs Capital 1

forteboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

This is my secound claim, first was against Natwest Bank, which i won.

I have received copies of my statements from cap 1 but there is no Interest figures to base my compounded interest claim on. Could someone please advice to the correct rate at the moment i have used 18.5%.

Many Thanks

Dennis:cool:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It,s great to have another natwetter on board, Hopefully someone soon will be able to answer the question.

All the best for this new challenge and hopefully we will both finish together.

Today i have Submitted my claim to Cap 1 I have used the 18.5% compound intererest and will now wait eagerly for their correspondence.

Hopefully their tact will have changed and I won't have to start the court procedure before they settle.

Regards

HI Robber,

I used the equation that i found on this site which was

Interest Paid in the month/ the balance on the account *12 to give a percenatge.

Hope this helps

Hi Everyone,

I am now at a cross roads, i have looked more through the claims on going for Cap 1 and it appears that the recoommendation is to charge the current interest rate which is 34.5%. My account was closed in 2003, could someone please advise if the afore mentioned rate should be used or the 18.5% I had calculated.

It was normal with the banks to charge their current published rate, which is 34.9%. Thats what i'm going for, though i've decided not to go for the claim for interest charged....or CCI charged on the interest charged!

WON £4000 v NAT WEST

Posted the Prelim Yesterday and according to the Royal mail, the letter was received today, can anyone advise the normal turnaround with this company.

Next stop my Holidays if i'm lucky

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

a bit tardy in updating this sorry, i issued the LBA to cap 1 on Thursday 3rd May I received no response to my prelim, hopefully they will acknowledge this one.

Well you will only get the normal offer, difference between old charge £20 and new charge £12, the only way to get your full charges back is by filing court action. So I guess you have about a week to go. Good luck.

Hi Doo,

Many thanks, I have read a few threads on cap 1 and have learnt how they operate, I believe your claiming CI as well, so hopefully you will be around next week or so to offer gudance on the POC on my N1 county court claim

I will be around for a while I think on this forum as cap one are disputing paying my contractual so am fighting them on this at the moment. Keep posting on your thread and I will offer help if I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,A quick update, I need to have a default moved off the file for Cap 1, i mentioned this on the PRELIM and then went and forgot to state this on the LBA. So to put this right i resent the LBA on the on the 23rd May, As of yet i haven't heard from Cap 1, but no surprise really as i expect their trying to keep their current account holders happy.LOL.RegardsDennis

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,sorry for the delay in updating the site, however there was not a lot going on, due to personal circumstances. Now however I am back on track and will go for throat of these little monkeys. Today I received Ellie Renshaw advising that they have credited my account with $166, which is strange as my account has been closed for over 4 years, so just how much research did these idiots really do.I now want to take it to court this week and due to a change i believe i am not have to pay the court charges, so assistance gladly received, I believe there are better POC than the standard one for claims with CCI and also guidance for the judge in regards to full disclosure, anyone that assist please do as all help is greatly appreciated.RegardsDennis

Hi All,

I am currently filling in my N1 for court, ready to deliver tomorrow, however i have a few questions,

1. When entering info under "Value" do i list the all the charges and interest paid as 1 figure and the CCI as another and then the splurge on the 8% court interest.

2. Under the amount claimed do I enter Chargers and CCI or just the charges claimed.

Regards

Forteboy:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Did you tell the court clerk that this was a claim for Credit Card charges.?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi UK,

sorry for the delay, I did advise the clerk at the court it was a CC, she spoke to the office manager and advised me that they do not stay claims automatically there, all claims are passed to the judges, but she did notice that it was a CC Claim however, so hopefully plain sailing

Many thanks for asking

Forteboy :cool: :cool:

Good, keep us posted on your progress. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update, I called the court today as I had not heard from them, and was advised that claim was issued on the 8th October 2007, I will be receiving a letter in the next few days, will advice when I receive the letter.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

right now to bring everyone upto date, Received the letter from the court yesterday, stating claim issued 8th October, deemed served 10th October and Cap 1 had till the 24th Oct, to send in defense, called the court today but no defense has yet been received.

Do I wait till next week before sending the relevent paperwork to claim my victory against these monsters.

Regards

Have you heard anything Forteboy?

WARNING TO ALL