Equifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got my Credit Report back - nothing outstanding that I hadn't seen from before, but CapQuest have placed on file the odd name they call me as an alias - pardon me? I am a Miss never married and never used a false name, I would like to know what you people suggest about this as it looks like I used another name and I don't. :(

Hi Vamp, I wish I understood credit reports and when these people become entitled to place their entries on them...but I don't.

It does look though that both Capquest & Lowells are as usual (to quote a Led Zeppelin track) Dazed and Confused. :confused:

Infact one verse from this song (if I remember it right) is very apt ;)

Been Dazed and confused for so long its not true,

Wanted one little woman, never bargained for you,

Take it easy baby, let them say what they will,

Tounges will wag so much 'cos I sent you the bill.

Well Vamp hope you get your credit file sorted.

All the best, Zim.

(Member of The Nigel Beaven From Lowells Went Into Work On Christmas Day Just to Send Me A Letter Club)

Here's one for you: why do CRAs take everything they are told by creditors at face value? Don't they have a duty of care to check their data?

I've got two defaults on my file which are so ficticious that JK Rowling would be proud to have written them. But nobody at Equifax or Experian gives a damn, referring me back to the clowns who invented them in the first place.

Anyway, to answer the original question. First thing you should do is write to CrapQuest and tell them of their error, and give them 14 days to correct it. I'd send a copy to the CRAs too.

If they don't or won't correct the entry, send them a Letter Before Action and give them another 14 days.

I'm just about to take Court action myself, but I'm waiting for the Information Commissioner's Office to finish their enquiry before I proceed.

:)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)