• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

claim issued on 5th april

missc1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

im so confused :confused: sorry if im sounding like a thicko :lol:

i've been told off some very helpful folk on this site and moneysaving site that once the claim is issued they have 5 days PLUS 14 days - but on moneyclaim web site it says the below

"You cannot request a Judgment by Default at this time.

The Defendant is allowed 14 days from the date they were served with the claim to defend or admit your claim before you can request a Judgment by Default.

If the Defendant files an Acknowledgement of Service within 14 days of receiving the claim form, they will be entitled to 28 days from the date they were served with the claim form to file a defence or admission of your claim. If the Defendent does not file a defence or admission within the 28 days you can request a Judgment by Default.

If you have not requested judgment, the defendant may still file a defence to your claim after the 14 days or 28 days have elapsed. The claim will then be transferred to your local court for a hearing to be arranged"

It doesnt mention anything about 5 days - im sooooo confused.

the 14days are up as of tonight - do i have to wait until 24th? or do i just keep checking online to see what status is?

guess if i knew what i was doing it would all make sense :-D

sorry if im repeating stuff folk have already asked but im at work and shouldnt be online anyway :oops: so dont have time to trawl through the forums

thanks in advance folks

Lloyds TSB WILL pay :mad:

Lloyds TSB - amount owed £3200 (filed with moneyclaim 5th april 2007 - acknowledged 20th April - failed to defend - judgment issued 9th May for £3393.06)

Capital One - amount owed £260.00 plus interest Sent 2nd letter asking for money back 17th April 2007 - been slack on this one forgot about it - got letter week ago saying looking into it and will get back to me - will take more action once i get lloyds money in my account and get these guys to MCOL stage

sorry to bump it!! annoying i know

anyone advise?

Lloyds TSB - amount owed £3200 (filed with moneyclaim 5th april 2007 - acknowledged 20th April - failed to defend - judgment issued 9th May for £3393.06)

Capital One - amount owed £260.00 plus interest Sent 2nd letter asking for money back 17th April 2007 - been slack on this one forgot about it - got letter week ago saying looking into it and will get back to me - will take more action once i get lloyds money in my account and get these guys to MCOL stage

Once th claim has been verifed by the court it it served on the defendant-this is deemed to take 5 days.

Once it has been served then they have 14 days to defend.

If they enter a defence then they get an additional 14 days but in both cases the 14 or 28 days start from the date that the claim has deemed to have been served.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Once th claim has been verifed by the court it it served on the defendant-this is deemed to take 5 days.

Once it has been served then they have 14 days to defend.

If they enter a defence then they get an additional 14 days but in both cases the 14 or 28 days start from the date that the claim has deemed to have been served.

thank you so much

so they in theory have until 24th of april - i'll just keep checking on moneyclaim

thanks for you help

Be prepared because they are tending now to enter a defence at the very last minute so do not be surprised if this happens.

Also for some strange reaosn the courts also are giving the banks an extra day so the 14/28 days may well end up as 15/29.

But dont panic-the money will get back to you eventually

PPMAN159

Be prepared because they are tending now to enter a defence at the very last minute so do not be surprised if this happens.

Also for some strange reaosn the courts also are giving the banks an extra day so the 14/28 days may well end up as 15/29.

But dont panic-the money will get back to you eventually

thanks again your a star

its a nightmare this waiting game - just want my money back so i can book a nice summer holiday lol

once they put in a defence (which will be on the final day at 4.59pm no doubt!) do i just sit tight and wait to hear from moneyclaim/courts?

its so difficult to know what the crack is unless your a trained pro!! which im defo not

So once defence is in - they have a further 14/15 days - does that mean at end of that im likely to get my money (if i complete any forms etc form courts / there solicitors etc on time)

seems lloyds are the most difficult bank of all - wish i'd banked with halifax who seem to be more forthcoming

Correct-if they enter the defence then they get a further 14 days.

One thing that I forgot to ask earlier-did you get the acknowledgement of service from Loyds solicitors at the beginning? If so what box did they tick?

PPMAN159

Correct-if they enter the defence then they get a further 14 days.

One thing that I forgot to ask earlier-did you get the acknowledgement of service from Loyds solicitors at the beginning? If so what box did they tick?

ive had no corrospondence at all - only thing i had originally was standard letter saying that charges stood etc - then filed court and havent heard a dicky bird since

Then I suggest that you phone the Court ASAP in order to find what is going on.

As I said earlier,when the claim is served you should have received an acknowledgement of service from the bank solicitors and this details what they propose do with the claim.

PPMAN159

Then I suggest that you phone the Court ASAP in order to find what is going on.

As I said earlier,when the claim is served you should have received an acknowledgement of service from the bank solicitors and this details what they propose do with the claim.

just spoke to moneyclaim. Everything is fine - she said its normal not to hear anything from defendent. Said they have until 24th to put in an aknowledgement or defence which would give them additional 14 days (as you advised me previously) which is when i'd then receive paperwork from them

in that time they can either settle the amount or defend it.

She said if i hear nothing from TSB by 24th i can file for judgement on the 25th april.

so looks like i have to sit tight (we all know they'll file on the 24th) so then its 2 weeks from there which is when i'd get any paperwork

I can feel the relief from here.

The waiting is the worst part of the process because you do not know if they will file a defence or not.

Keep in touch and if you need any help just ask.

PPMAN159

i will do - thank you.

it helps speaking to people on here - were all in the same boat and as much as it annoys me when folk panic on here i am finding myself becoming that same annoying panicin person :grin:

feel loads better after speaking to money claim

would be nice for lloyds just give me back my money before it goes any further - wont hold my breath though

will keep you updated

thanks again :)

I think that we all panic to a certain extent.

The process of claiming the charges back id fairly straightforwards but we panic when we staret hearing the words Court,Judges,Defence etc.

Agreed that it would be nice if the banks gave the money back but then that would stop the lawyers claiming their fees and we cant have that can we.

PPMAN removes tongue from check and gets back to work

PPMAN159

ha ha ha ha :lol: thats made me laugh

been reading a post on moneysavingexpert and guy on there was getting money back off Abbey (who he refered to as Shabby) he said he got judgement, rang them up and asked for moneyback and if they didnt advise him immediatley he'd be calling to local branch with baliffes, the sun, the mirror, daily mail etc - he sadi funnily enough they agreeded to pay it back into account asap!!

love success stories and cant wait to post mine on the pages

Can be done but I would have thought that he would have had to pay a fee to the baliff for doing it.

Still it had the desired effect so good.

I might try the same tactic but to make it a bit juicy I will use the The Star and the Daily Sport

PPMAN159

yes quite - sure the banks wouldnt want to be linked with any of those 2 tabloids!! :)