boyfrog vs Abbey

boyfrog

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've been going through the first few stages (requesting statements, preliminary letter and the Letter Before Action) and thought I would post what's been happening on here in case anyone was interested.

I got the standard complaint reply advising their turnaround time about a week after sending the preliminary. I got a 'sorry we need longer' after the LBA was sent.

The LBA was posted on the 5th April, so their time is almost up.

I've not received any personallised correspondance, only pro forma replies.

Being the poor man I am, I'll be waiting until the 24th to file a claim - it's payday then!

I shall be filing for a whopping £850, small beer really compared to what some people are claiming for, but it'll mean a lot to me :)

Thanks to all the people who have posted information, forms, advice and also just how their claims have been going, I look forward to being in the position where I donate my 5%...

Regards,

boyfrog.

Hello and Welcome Boyfrog, you seem to have done your homework, so well done and if you have any questions or queries, post back on this forum and we will try to help

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Guest louis wu

Hello

£850 is a nice tidy sum, and I wouldn't say no to it:)

Typical of Abbey to do nothing, I think they are just so snowed under that they are drowning in our claims. Impossible to feel any sympathy (except for the staff who can only do what the MIB command, which is definately NOT to help the customer)

Next bits up to the court then. Some are dispensing of the AQ to speed things up, so hopefully you havn't got too long to wait.

Well done, and best of luck

Louis

• 2 weeks later...

The claim is in. I filled out my MCOL on Friday, and posted a copy of the banks charges to accompany it yesterday.

I guess I'll just wait for them to reply (it looks like they usually do this quite quickly at Abbey).

I'm sending another copy of the schedule to Abbey solicitors when I get my Notice from the court right?

Thanks in advance :),

boyfrog.

I'm sending another copy of the schedule to Abbey solicitors when I get my Notice from the court right?

Abbey don't use solicitors it's delt with in house, so as long as you have sent the schedule along with your claim number to MCOL you should not need to provide them again.

Nat West Settled 2 acct's before action:

£2194.77 settled £1904.00 08/01/2007 less interest

£650.93 Settled overpaid GOGW £850.00 02/01/2007

Applied Abbey statements -40 day up 24/04/06(arrived 30/06/06)

Prem 04/01/2007 - reply rcvd 22nd Jan advising not paying

LBA 22/01/07

14/02/07 N1 filed @ local court

21/02/07 issued claim

23/02/07 deemed served

25/02/07 Abbey acknowledgement defend in full.

19/03/07 defence + 50% GOGW

13/04/07 AQ final day for submission

30/04/07 DEFENCE STRUCK OUT "ABUSE OF PROCESS"

01/05/07 Judgement order

8/05/07 Warrant of Execution requested

Media coverage :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6701231.stm

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?articleID=4505

If you find my post helpfull then please click my scales:)

• 3 weeks later...

Boyfrog

Thanks for your congratulations.

All I can say is keep reading and reading these threads on here.

There are some fabulous people who will always boost your confidence and offer help.

I always took this seriously from the beginning but it didn't stop me feeling really jittery as it progressed.

If I can do it - all of you can8) 8)

GOOD LUCK and Keep going.:D

Cassie

I got a laughable letter last week from a 'Senior Custom Resolution Manager' at Abbey. It waffles on about how fair and reasonable they are, and how transparent their charges etc are (how come I can't see their costs then?) and generously offers me £80 ( ). The £80 is in my account now, in fact it was in there the day after I got the letter. The letter also states that they assume everything is now resolved, and in 8 weeks they will shut my file. There are two weeks left before the court's 28 days are up for them, can anyone point me in the direction of some suitable wording for a letter? The letters in the template section regarding letters of goodwill seem to imply the offer is a final action, whereas the letter I got didn't word it that strongly, in fact their offer almost seemed dismissive, both in amount and tone...

Thanks a lot,

boyfrog

I received a similar sort of offer, about 20% of my claim, the money was deposited in my account before I received the letter.

I just sent the letter back with the 'full and final offer' bit in and filed in court anyway :D

They still haven't removed the money from my account, so will just deduct it from the total amount.

Guest louis wu

You will be asked to supply a court bundle next, have a look at it here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

and there are a few pointers here as well

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/60572-basic-court-bundles.html

and post 79 on this thread talks about T&C's which is relevant to an Abbey claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/83144-jules1973-abbey.html

It all looks confusing, especially on first inspection, but the more you look at it the easier it becomes. Some of the legal bits are hard going, but we're not solicitors, and you only need to have an understanding of whats being said. Don't forget, the chances of having to argue it in court are slim, it just needs to look good, have all the basic elements and contain all your relevant info.

Good luck

Louis