Bcw - Again!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Had a bit of bother with these leeches a few months back but sorted them out no problem with a CCA and other well worded letters and got the "debt" written off.

Now they are chasing me for two utility bills. I dont dispute the fact that I owe the money, but the amount they are asking is way above the amount I owed.

What I need to know is, can I CCA them for these bills? It`s just that I think I read somehere that utility bills arent covered under the CCA system.

Any help gratefully recieved!

A CCA request is not relevant AFAIK, as you have not receieved credit as such. Have BCW added their costs onto your bill? I would bear in mind that the DCA cannot force you to pay more than you can afford, I managed to reduce my monthly utility outstanding debt from £270 to £30 in a carefully worded letter Red :)

I managed to reduce my monthly utility outstanding debt from £270 to £30 in a carefully worded letter Red :-)

Hello

Could be helpfull if the main contentents of the letter were made available

for others to use.

regards.

ok here is what i sent:

Dear Sirs,

I am writing to you regarding my outstanding balance for energy which you have supplied.

Please accept my next payment of £30.00 which is enclosed by cheque for the month of March 2007. The cheque is from my joint account held with *******Bank and the cheque number is ****.

Should you cash this cheque then you are accepting monthly payments of £30.00 until this debt is paid off or until such time, when I notify you that I am able to increase my payments once my circumstances have improved financially.

Yours faithfully

It worked for me, and I have to give credit to GaryH who had also tried this method. I have a separate thread under Utilites. I also had to deal briefly with Energywatch, but in essence the utility co agreeed to my terms. Hope this helps.

Thank you

I had a problem B Gas dispute over £300.

The £300 was passed to robinsonway

they conacted and asked for payment.

I told them not happy with the amounts and asked for a copy of the agreement / contract which I signed with Bg.

Robinsonway called me back and offered a reduction of £100 if I paid immediatley.

Contacted Bg as a new customer and asked for the terms and conditions. They sent me a contract to sign.

Again asked Robinsonway for the origional contract/ agreement.

No reply to date. Started December 2006

contract

Illuminati, are you paying any thing at all at the moment? I found that even if you pay a token amount (and I got the Utility co's bank details and bypassed the DCA by using internet banking to place amounts that I could afford into their account)

If you make even token payments preferably regularly it will help your case (I learned the hard way!). And although they may not be happy with what you are offering again I stress that they cannot force you to pay more than you owe.

In your case can you contact the utilty co direct? maybe Robinsonway have added their own fees?

Let me know!

Hello

Robinsonway only manage the debt so they say and get a payment for each letter the send out.They have not added any charges

They must have had the authority to discount the sum from BG.

When I changed supplier I was told that my account was up to date.

BG would not have let me transfere if there was a large amount outstanding. I have asked BG for copy of contract and also requested details regarding Data request ie: all corospondence telephone calls letters bills and any other information which they hold my account .from 1966

they have 40 days to comply.

Try getting in touch with these people www.energywatch.org.uk.

Advise robinsonway in writing, regarding the info you have requested from BG, maybe include a copy of what you have sent BG.

Powergen let me move and I owed them over £1k.

Does this mean you are querying that you owe BG anything? Or do you think that there is an amount outstanding and then you are hoping that on a technicality i.e. you were told your account was up to date?

• 3 months later...

In my agreement I did not tick the box where it said that they could share the info with others this was in May 1996. I have had 3 letters from DCA, Thames credit and Buchanan Clark and Well, who are acting for Thames credit, Also I have just received a letter from a single solicitros stating that I owe money to Thamse credit.

How can that be if I have not given my consent for info to be passed on.

Allwood