• Tweets

• I had been away as i didnt have any update i had been only waiting for the mediation appointment to be given which is i think processed bit delayed due to their workload. I have been given the appointment last week.  please see below their defence .   “Thank you for your email. Firstly, please allow me to offer your our most sincere apologies for the service you have received on this occasion. As advised by my colleague when booking this order, you are required to enter the value, upon entering this value a pop-up message was provided requesting that you protect your goods fully, you declined this option on more than one occasion and accepted to send this with just the standard £20.00 protection against loss or damage. I am afraid the offer made £100.00 as a matter of goodwill gesture without prejudice is the full and final settlement we would be willing to offer. It is of course your prerogative to take this case further, however, I must advise that should this go forward we will defend the case based on the information provided previously and the following Terms and Conditions which you agreed to when booking this order: https://www.parcel2go.com/content/about-terms.aspx "The Extent of our Liability 6.4 We shall only be liable for damage or loss caused to you if it is caused by our negligence, breach of duty or other wrongful act or omission, and only subject to the limitations set out within this clause 6 and clause 7. 6.5 We shall not be liable to you under any circumstances for: (a) any direct or indirect loss (including, but not limited to loss of profits, or loss of goodwill); or (b) any other special or indirect losses, costs, damages, or claims which do not arise naturally as a result of our negligence, breach of duty, or other wrongful act or omission. 6.6 We shall not be liable to you: (a) under any circumstances where there are any material discrepancies (meaning more than 10% difference) between the declared dimensions and/or weights and the actual dimensions and/or weights; (b) for any damage caused by our negligence, breach of duty, or other wrongful act or omission, which you have, or you have arranged to be, repaired, unless it is agreed by us that the repair work is to be carried out and that a repairer approved by us undertakes this work; or (c) in any circumstances in respect of the items on the Prohibited Items; Damage to Items Protected for Loss Only; or for loss of or damage to the No Protection Items lists, unless otherwise stated by us. The Limitation on the Amount of our Liability 6.7 If we are liable to you for any reason, we shall (subject always to clause 7) only be liable to refund to you the cost paid for the Service(s), unless you have purchased Parcel Protection for your Consignment from us. " Again we do apologise for all the inconvenience
    • It's been sometime since we had from you. Could you just bullet point itemise the salient points in their defence. In terms of the requirement for flexibility – we always suggest that you stand your ground. You can make it clear to the mediator that the advantage them is that they avoid getting a judgement and incurring additional costs. But maybe you can just give us a quick resume of what has happened – and I mean Quick. By the way how long ago were you given this appointment?
    • Okay I think that you should write this up very carefully – a bullet pointed description of everything you have found supported by a photograph of each point of concern.   The next thing we have to do is we have to get a quote from some independent source for repair or replacement. Two independent quotes would be useful. Some people might want a fee for this but on the other hand they are so hungry for sales, that they may well give you something in writing free of charge in the hope that you will come back to them. After that I think that we will have to go for Vodafone that the telephone they returned was not in the condition it was when it was sent and that we believe that they have caused additional damage. We shall then have to offer them options to replace it or to repair. Let's see how it goes. Your son is 15 years old. Does he take an interest in this kind of thing because it could be a useful lifeskills lesson for him.
    • Just an update, i have mediation appointment tomorrow.  i am reading old threads, any more suggestions ?  On mediation form it was written i should be showing some flexibility , should i show flexibility or stay firm for my full claim ? 
    • I'm getting the sense you may be right!   Finally opened the phone. It's packed in exactly the same type of box we sent it off in, except this time there is all sorts of fluff and 'bits' trapped beneath the clear cellophane and the phone's screen which holds it in place inside the box (photo taken in situ).   On removal from the packaging there are fingerprints on the back, so it has been 'looked at'. I had wiped it clear prior to packing to emphasis it's 'immaculate and undamaged' condition.   Unfortunately, two small but obvious scratches or cracks have now miraculously appeared near the edge of the screen.  These weren't declared when I sent it off because funnily enough, they weren't there! 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

hello

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

welcome to the forum.

Please take time to read the faq's

Please find your banks forum and start a thread;

(your user name) V (banks name)

use the template letters in order Stick to the timetable in there.

For instant live help please go to the chat room

Any advice given is purely based on personal experience and if in doubt you should seek further advice from a professional.

If you liked what I have written then please let me know by clicking on the scales!

FAQS wink.gif

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faq.php

Scotland Issues

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/scotland/

Step by step instructions biggrin.gif better safe than sorry!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....tructions.html

Templates cool.gif If it aint broke dont fix it!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....lates-library/

Online claim or direct at court?

Getting MCOL Right

Finally good Luck.

jamesrap.

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/