lloyds reply to dpa sar letter

owethebank
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

ive received my dpa sar letter from lloyds, with statement of charges, (total charges, just shy of 4grand, without interest)

the letter reads,

i refer to your recent request for copies of statements on your account to enable you to reconcile your bank charges. please find enclosed details of charges going back to the date you opened your account or 1/9/01 whichever date is most recent. if there are no charges for a certain period then charging details will not be included.

you may now wish to proceed with your claim for reimburesement of charges but, if you do feel you need further statements, this will take longer to access our archived data. please let me know by returning this letter in the pre paid envelope and i will order them for you.

copy statement unit.

ok what now? is this the standard letter returned? do i send letter no2 (par) to my branch or a dept.

thanks in advance

Yep, thats the standard letter with your list of charges attached.

They know why you want it.

Just need to complete the spreadsheet and send it with the prelim letter, I sent mine to...

Customer Service Recovery Centre

3rd Floor

125 Colmore Row

Birmingham

B3 3SF

Send it recorded, so you can check delivery.

Have fun...

Read, Read and Read some more.

The answers are all out there...

By the way, it's your claim. I only offer an opinion as another reader. :confused:

Send it recorded, so you can check delivery.

Have fun...

yep, sent the first letter recorded delivery. took them 47 days to get the statements here

have fun? dont like the sound of that!

• 3 weeks later...

hi again, right ive written the preliminary request for refund letter, typed out all the charges onto the simple spread sheet, provided by the site, this also calculated the 8% interest. checked it, double checked it, triple checked it.

have i got it right? prelim letter and spread sheet? anything else i need to add?

tia

Hi

Don't include the 8% interest on your spreadsheet or in your letter, only include this when you file your Court claim.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• 4 weeks later...

hi again, ive received a reply from tsb, to my preliminary request for refund letter. i would think its a standard letter saying they are sorry to learn that we have cause for complaint!! they are investigating the complaint and expect to complete it within four weeks. also attached was a letter headed "voicing your concerns" which was basically a load of waffle.

so after two weeks should i send in the letter before action? or wait the four weeks, and this time do i add on the interest (8%)

thanks in advance

so after two weeks should i send in the letter before action? or wait the four weeks, and this time do i add on the interest (8%)

Yes send the LBA after the timescale that YOU have given THEM has expired but don't add the 8% until you issue a claim

Thanks for the PM - in answer to your question - this site has never advised adding the 8% at LBA stage - this ist statutory interest under S69 of the conty court act and therefore can not be added until a claim is issued

• 1 month later...

hello again, more than two weeks have passed since i sent my lba, ive checked through the tracker and the letter was signed for, and ive heard nothing. what should be my next step? re-send the lba or fill in the claim form?

this is obviously going to go to court now as lloyds will be relishing the thought that we live in Hull, where recently a judge threw out similar claims.

so will we need a legal representitive? and how much will it cost to make a claim? just incase i get the same judge?

we feel like we may be getting a little out of our depth here, bitten off more than we can chew so to speak.

tia

Hi there...

You may want to read through this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/102992-excellent-news-hull-one.html

Also, don't worry that you haven't recieved a reply... just carry on with your claim... to the timescale layed down on this site, or whenever you feel comfortable. :)

You now have to submit your claim either through MCOL or using N1 at local court (prefereable in my view) all you need to include if you go down N1 route is three copies of N1 and schedule of charges (1 for court, 1 for bank and 1 for you) and cheque for relevant court fee