Jump to content

Scottish Claim


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I have written to Abbey and received a 'gesture of goodwill payment' of £663, however my unfair, disproportionately high bank charges (estimated) total nearly £3000 over 5yrs.


Living in Scotland my claim through the small court claim can only be to a maximum of £750.


How can I claim for the £3000 amount - Ive tried to track down forms to fill in etc but can not find anything relevant to Scotland. Should I try the Financial Ombudsman Service, or are there forms to fill in to recover the £3000 in Scotland?????????? Any help appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest louis wu

I dont know much about Scottish claims, but have a look here, it may help








Obviously, you should get some pretty specific info in the Scottish forum.



Link to post
Share on other sites

Small Claim- up to £750 (£39 fee)

Summary Cause- up to £1500 (£39 fee)

Civil Action- above £1500 (employ a solicitor £??? fee)


If you raise a civil claim then you would have to employ a solicitor, I have only done the summary cause method.

You can also contact the FOS (Financial Ombudsman Service) and let them try for you, which is free.

Those are the options put quite simply.

I hope this helps jkrokowski :)

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...