alex69 -v- CitiCards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks, last week I issued a prelim request for refund of £125 from Citi for 5 x £25 late payment and overlimit fees relating to 2003/2004 (account closed in 2004).

Today, I received a response along the following lines:

'Thank you for taking the time to write ..... (condescending nonsense)

On Wedensday 5th April 2006 the OFT issued a statement regarding the default charges levied on customers by credit card issuers for breaches of contract such as making a late payment or going over their credit limit.

Within this statement the OFT has stated blah blah maximum £12 blah blah.

In order to remain competitive .... we have lowered our rate to £12. This charge is not retrospective in its effect.

In over a dozen recent court cases involving Citi, we have successfully argued the fairness of the above policy and the fairness of the £12 charges. The cases have all resulted in the claims being dismissed and the courts have implicitly held that the policy is fair and the charges reasonable, being in line with both the OFT guidance and common law principles of damage and breach of contract.

I understand that this was not the outcome you would have hoped for and if you would like an independent review of this, you may refer to the Finance & Leasing Association etc etc.

:mad:

I have to say I am seriously cheesed off. It seems they have refunded some people, refunded the difference to some and now they're saying they've successfully defended cases and telling people to get lost - anyone aware of their successful defence of cases?

Mindful of the fact I only wanted £125 out of them, what would you do next? (for info - for me, this is a matter of principles, not just cash!)

Next stage is court, have a read around the forum and some of the older threads, and you will see how Citi deal with claims.

Lots of us here to help you along the way with the more tricky bits.

Good Luck

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Standard fob-off letter, keep to the time line and as Gizmo's said plenty of people here to help.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.