Jump to content


first posting.......what next??


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi all

This is my first posting but I have read a lot of posts and found them very informative.

My dispute is with RBS and I've issued them with a summons.......they have just replied with an offer @ approx 70% of claim. Should I take it or not??

Any help would be welcome

Thanks

canobeans

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi canobeans,

 

Welcome to the forum.

 

Please take time to read the faq's

Please find your banks forum and start a thread;

(your user name) V (banks name)

Other members with experiance of your bank can offer informed advide.

use the template letters in order. Stick to the timetable in there.

 

LINKS....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/71112-glance-guide-claiming.html

FAQs....

Templates Library....

If you have charges going back further than six years read in here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

 

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest louis wu

Hello, and firstly well done for getting a 70% offer.

 

As to whether you should accept, well thats down to your personal circumstance. What I will say, is that if your determind, and do things right, you will get 100% back in the end.

 

I would start a thread in the RBS forum, tell your story so far, and see what the RBS 'experts' say (My banks are Abbey and Lloyds...poor souls)

 

Be prepared, however, the general feeling here, is go for the jugular, and dont stop until you get it all, although no-one would critisize anyone for taking an offer if it was needed.

 

You've done well so far, take a bit of time to decide whats best for you, and then act on it. You'll get all the help and support you need here should you decide to carry on.

 

Whatever you decide, good luck

 

louis

Link to post
Share on other sites

HI canobeans, you dont say if you are in England or Scotland, or the amount of your claim. Guessing I would say they are offering you all your charges less interest ?

If so the decision yours, take the offer and go or stay with it for the interest, only you can decide what suits you.

05/03/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) handed in at branch

Found missing statements at home !!!!

08/03/07 Prelim+ schedule posted rec del

22/03/07 :mad: No reply to prelim LBA posted rec del

05/04/07 :mad: 14 days and no reply to LBA, sent e-mail

27/04/07 :D Offered FULL SETTLEMENT £3375

03/05/07 Cash in bank account :D :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

I'm in Milton Keynes.

My claim is for £1666 (including interest and court fees)

What I'm not sure about is whether to to try and negotiate with RBS over the phone, to send a letter/email or to just ignore their offer and let the court action continue, they need to reply to the court by 22nd April.

RBS made no attempt to contact me until I issued a summons which I feel shows real ignorance.

I will do as guided and start a new post in the RBS section.

Thanks

canobeans

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest louis wu

Its just the banks usual 'hope he/she goes away', and believe it or not, I think there must be some, maybe quite a few, that do (but not caggers lol).

 

Louis

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...