style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On a previous thread I have questioned the validity of the charge that the bailiff has placed on my account re attendance with a van.

My belief is that as no levy has been raised he is not able to place this charge against me.

The bailiff has advised in writing that "A levy of possessions and walking possession order is necessary if the debt cannot be paid within 5 days of first notice" implying that, in my case, he is able to apply this charge without the need for a levy.

Can anyone advise me of the accuracy of this statement.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Herbie

Happy to respond Bingo. Bailiffs will come up with any old story and try to convince us that they are right.

Our office dealt with a bailiff by phone today who tried to tell us that if the client needed to pay by cheque, then Statutory Legislation that has recently been released required that they must by law enter into a Walking Possession......and that by law they have to charge a 4% cheque handling fee.. He came across the wrong person today, and he knew it. After just a small argument, he agreed to write off the fees.....we all need to be aware of our rights.