DPA Non Disclosure Imprisonment Request

sortingitout

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In regards to this..

Non disclosure imprisonment threat against RBS Data Controller!

On the 21/11/06 a Royal Bank of Scotland customer was granted a County Court order in respect of the failure by the Royal Bank of Scotland to comply with his disclosure request under the Data Protection Act.

District judge Forrester, making the order commented that had the claimant been able to supply him with the name of the data controller at the Royal Bank of Scotland that he would have added a threat of imprisonment for non-compliance.

The Royal Bank of Scotland now has until January 2007 to comply with the users subject access request. The District Judge has indicated that if the Bank has not complied with the order by that time that he may make an order for imprisonment.

What do i need to add to this, below link, to make a DPA Non Disclosure Imprisonment Request for a certain person?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

Been speaking the most rude and obnoxius man ever today (A****n W****ey / Barclaycard, Head of privacy & Data Protection)

I made a SAR request 25/01/07 and only last week had part of my statements, June 2004 onwards, with the excuse that the rest is stored on microfilm, i know that this is crap.

On the phone he was just laughing at me, saying there is nothing i could do and because i was complaining, he is personally going to make sure they take longer to get to me (statements) and any proceedings i make will be defended.

So i want to make a point now and include his name in my claim for DPA non compliance.

Also is asking for £200 damages a bit too much? What is the average people put?

First of all it is the Data Controller who is accountable for DPA non-compliance.

I don't know about damages for non-compliance - what financial hardship or personal distress did you suffer from not receiving your details? That's what you would have to argue in court.

I would also strongly suggest that you don't communicate on the telephone, you keep everything in writing - Golden Rule here.