Visionclear v Nationwide

visionclear

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and am just about to send my LBA to Nationwide. Can anyone answer my query the period of charges I am claiming for runs from Sep 2006 to March 2007, so my question is do I need to actually state this period on my LBA letter or should I just say:

I am writing to ask you to refund to me the charges which you have levied from my account over the last six years.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I just used the template LBA and so didn't include the period of charges for which I was reclaiming. The dates go on the schedule of charges that you should send with it (hide the 8% statutory interest column).

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

Hi All,

I am really confused so I hope someone can help me. I am at the Prelim stage and know that I don't include the 8% column on my schedule of charges but do I need to include the overdraft interest figure?

I have read quite a few threads saying they have included "Contractual interest" at both the Prelim and LBA is this right? and what spreadsheet do i use?

and is Contractual interest the same as Overdraft interest?

If anyone can help please do!!

Thanks in advance

hi visionclear, contractual interest is different this is where you in effect charge the bank for having your money at the rate which they would have charged you, i found this extremely difficult to understand ( but that's just me) and i only went for the charges and 8% which the court will award you , if you are claiming contractual you have to do this from the beginning of your claim, at this stage you should only add the charges which were levied on your account.

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

hi visionclear, contractual interest is different this is where you in effect charge the bank for having your money at the rate which they would have charged you, i found this extremely difficult to understand ( but that's just me) and i only went for the charges and 8% which the court will award you , if you are claiming contractual you have to do this from the beginning of your claim, at this stage you should only add the charges which were levied on your account.

Thanks Lori1 that makes things a bit clearer. I think as I am only claiming £330 in charges I will just stick with the 8% which the court will award anyway.