Hi I'm new to this . . .

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm new to this (it's taken me ages to just work out how to post a thread!!)

I hope someone can help with a couple of reclaiming bank charges queries.

Barclays owe me £240+interest and have offered £120 (but no interest). I don't want to accept this but not sure where to go from here. Maybe I should be grateful that they've offered half but then part of me thinks stuff them, they've offered half they can pay it all back!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Natwest owe me £500+interest and although I received a letter about 4 weeks ago saying someone from their dedicated customer service team would respond within 10 days - guess what - nothing! I have since written direct to this dept enclosing copies of all the correspondence but still nothing back :mad: . Shall I go straight for the - I'm taking you to court approach?

Many thanks in advance, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Tayto1,

Welcome to the forum.

Please take time to read the faq's

Please find your banks forum and start a thread;

(your user name) V (banks name)

Other members with experiance of your bank can offer informed advide.

use the template letters in order. Stick to the timetable in there.

LINKS....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/71112-glance-guide-claiming.html

FAQs....

Templates Library....

If you have charges going back further than six years read in here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.

Guest louis wu

Hello

Its very difficult to advise properly without the full facts. You will find the general feeling here (and I mean 99.9%) will say go for the full amount and nothing less. Having said that, nobody would judge you badly if you needed the money and accepted an offer.

As to Nat west, well there is a set proceedure that really needs to be followed. You will find this in the FAQ's, the link is in Happy's post. Leading on to that, you will find that all banks are slightly different and specific advice is available in each banks forum.

I am sure you will get the chance to 'take them to court', but learn whats involved, tell your story so far, and make sure you know what your doing. Its very easy to claim your charges, but simple mistakes can not only cause long delays, but can cost you money as well.

Louis