Mortgage Completion Issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, Not sure if anyone else would be able to help me but I've recently had an issue with my bank and re-mortgaging my home.

Basically Completion for my mortgage was delayed by over 14 days and hence in 1 month i had to make 2 monthly repayments. 1 for the old mortgage and one for the new. It was delayed because the banks solicitors lost one of the forms that i had already sent in.

Bank of Scotland (BOS) released the funds to the solicitor on the 28th of March. But we didn't complete until the 11th April. Because of this we needed to pay an additional monthly payment to HSBC and the first payment to BOS.

Any ideas on where i stand with this and if i can do anything about it would be appreciated????

Thanks

Neil

I WON £530 - See how Here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/65986-neil-lloyds-tsb.html

If i have been helpful, please click my scales (bottom left!)

Just a quick point - Alan is totally correct but you do need to be aware that the FOS will have expected you to have exhausted the bank's own complaints procedure first ( FOS will ask for copies of correspondence etc ). If you put a complaint in writing to the bank ensure as standard you keep copies of everything and also send recorded delivery... Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I wrote to the solicitors and complained about the service and requested they refund me the money that i paid them to change the deeds. I recieved a letter in the post yesterday with a check for £229!! It pays to write complaint letters. too many times do we just let things go and for the sake of a letter that took me 10 mintues to write i got this money.

Neil

I WON £530 - See how Here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/65986-neil-lloyds-tsb.html

If i have been helpful, please click my scales (bottom left!)