GE Mortgage incorrect interest letter???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

Has anyone else recieved a letter from GE, stating that you have been charged incorrect interest on your mortgage??? but doesnt go into any details????

I recieved one a while back, but each time I speak to them, they tell me that they will write to me.... and I never hear anything...

really wish I could get a normal mortgage with a normal lender... GE are shocking!!!:eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi btta,

only just seen this post...and yes i have. We received exactly the same letter, around the same time as you indicate,incorrect interest charged but with no detail given..havent heard anything else since

Have your payments changed?

I would suggest you both write to them, send it recorded delivery so you know it has arived. Give them 14 days to respond to your request. If it was me i would send a letter similar to this:

123 Nowhere Street

Nowhere Land

Nowhere

NN1 234

GE Mortgage

Address

Date

Account No: XXXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir / Madam

I refer to the letter we received dated XX/XX/XX

In this you indficate we have been charged incorrect interest. I have made numerous attempts to identify the true meaning of this infomation, however we are unable to find a member of your staff who are willing to help us.

We are giving you 14 days from receipt of this letter, which has been sent recorded delivery for clarification, for you to send a full detailed response to the above query. We feel this is a fair length of time for a company of your size with dedicated staff as you have. If this is not adhered to we will have no other option but to make a complaint to FSA and OFT with regards to your company not operating in an open and fair way in accordance with the Office of Fair Trading Report 2006 section 3.2

I hope this will not be the case, and look forward to hearing from you in a positive manner within the next 14 days.

Yours sincerely

XXXXXXXXXX

Hope this helps

sent of the letter (thanks mrs foot) so well see whay happens next.

i sent of a sar letter the other day for the loan and teh mortgage, they sent me back a letter asking if i just wanted copy stetements which they would provide free of charge, or did i want a full SAR to disclose all of the infoirmation they have on file... im inclined to ask for the full SAR...any thoughts ?

ps i did send the £10 fee already

• 3 weeks later...

well. its been 14 days since i sent of the letter suggested by mrs foot , and..... nothing not even acknolwedgement that they are looking into it. Any suggestions as to the next step on this. I am interested to find out exactly what they were doing. were they charging to much and if so has it been refunded ?

Has it been 14 days sine they received it? If it has then make a complaint to the OFT on the basis that they have sent you information on being charged the wrong interest but theya re refusing to make further comments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Mrs foot,

i lodged my complaint with the oft via their webiste/consumer direct and have never received any kind of acknowldegement of the complaint , so i ithought this time it would be better to do it by letter , recorded delivery.

GE have nevr responded to any of the letters i have sent them regarding this issue

• 4 weeks later...