DAG vs Natwest - offer of £2600

DAG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having sent the prelim letter on the 19th March the deadline for a response was due on 4th April, which I have not received to date. I waited for Easter hols to end before sending LBA. Meanwhile I had to contact the collections department to pay in some money to cover more interest and charges that are still mounting on my overdraft which is mainly due to their charges. I mentioned that I was claiming all charges back and had not received any response to my letter. The advisor told me that she could see on her screen that there was an offer of around £2600 and asked if I had I received it. I said no. To date (a week later) I still have no offer. My claim was for £2682 without the interest.

I am going ahead now with the LBA, thought I might get away with not having to but maybe Natwest want everyone to work for their money.

I am not using the account but it is still accruing unauthorised borrowing charges and interest (£150 since my claim so far). How do I claim these back as they have been charged after my original spreadsheet was sent in. Do I amend my spreadsheet that I send in with my LBA and will that take me over my 6 years worth of charges or is that ok. Also, how do you get back the £10 charge for the statements or are you only entitled to that like the interest if it goes to court.

Thought the offer was too good to be true. Maybe it will cross paths with the LBA. Fingers crossed.

Grateful to anyone who can answer my questions before I send off LBA within the next couple of days.

Cheers

Dag:)

If the date for their reply is past then you should send the LBA whatever - you set the timescales not them. IMHO, you should also send a revised spreadsheet with the additional charges added. The 6 years is irrelevant for this as your initial claim is already in. (I think it is irrelevant anyway - but that's another discussion - see various threads on this site)

Anyone else care to comment/correct?

Steven

hi Guts

Nattie has stated that all nat west staff can give u the amount charged by the banks to your account. I definately would continue with the claim using your timescales and disregard any verbal offers of payment until you recieve either a written offer or monies paid into your account .

they could be using this to stall your claim

so go get your money

scott

ps yes amend your LBA

Guest NATTIE

I would say scott, i have edited that bit to state that 21 days stated seems to be working days, so that is 4 weeks and a day, mmmmm i think i know what i would do, LBA and then 14 days later sue em.

I would say scott, i have edited that bit to state that 21 days stated seems to be working days, so that is 4 weeks and a day, mmmmm i think i know what i would do, LBA and then 14 days later sue em.

totally agree

with the added bonus of winning interest !!!!!

Know what i would do

Sue em.............LOL

scott

Thanks guys for your answers. Confirms what I was thinking. I thought if a letter of an offer was on its way already it would have been a bit too easy. Hey ho here goes again:rolleyes: :rolleyes: , the LBA tomorrow with the amended spreadsheet!

Will post in 14 days hopefully with more news.

Cheers

Dag

Thanks guys for your answers. Confirms what I was thinking. I thought if a letter of an offer was on its way already it would have been a bit too easy. Hey ho here goes again, the LBA tomorrow with the amended spreadsheet!

Will post in 14 days hopefully with more news.

Cheers

Dag