• Tweets

• No I have not. I will probably do that
    • Based on ECP's previous, what will definitely happen is this. They will send more idiotic letters. After they will send a Letter of Claim, and it is essential that your brother replies at this point to this to show them he would be big trouble in court. Next it is highly likely (but not certain) that they will crawl back under their stone and that will be the end of the matter. The slight worry is that if they do do court it will seem a likely story to a judge that your brother has no connection to the ticket, when it was him who appealed and replied to the Letter of Claim.  Indeed I think it would seem the lot of you were playing games with ECP and with the court by getting unconnected people involved and then later deny they were involved. So be aware there is that slight risk. You talked about "a mess" in your first post, and you weren't wrong. Someone hires a car and gets a ticket.  There is an appeal.  Who appeals, the hirer?  No, the hirer's mate's son.  Obvious! There is an approach for help to a consumer website.  By the hirer?  No, by the hirer's mate's son's brother! This is so damn silly and totally avoidable. Anyway, it seems the decision has been made for your brother to carry the can so whatever consequences will ensue will ensue. 
    • Doc 04-19-2024 11-01-51-merged-compressed.pdf good morning.    9 pages attached.    thank you  UCM
    • Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

1st Credit / LloydsTSB & the solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

On the 28/3/07 I was advised by 1st Credit that they were passing my account (formerly Lloyds credit card) to their solicitors with instructions to secure a CCJ and enforce it with a Final charging order against my property.

This was the first correspondance that I had received from 1st Credit and sent them a CCA with the fee on the 9th April. Nothing came (shock!) in the post.

Today I have received a letter from Lloyds Solicitors SC&M saying that their client LLoyds has instructed them to recover the money (the figure is the same as 1st Credits) within 7 days or court proceedings will commence.

I am confused, why did 1st credit contact me? I thought that they were separate to Lloyds (i.e. that they buy the debt) and how come Lloyds solicitors have now contacted me?

I guess that 1st Credit never bought the debt? In which case I was correct to CCA them AND not pay anything.

I dont deny that I owe the money (other than a few charges;) ), but was really confused!

Can any one shed any light? please

Red

Red...

Cut out all of the middle people and CCA Lloyds directly as they don't seem to have sold this on yet. State that you consider the account to be in dispute, and ask that they hold off on any action until they have complied with your rightful legal request... All in writing, Rec/Del, the lot!

Keep us posted :)

Will the statement that should be provided under the CCA request have the relevant statement info regarding charges or should an SAR request be sent too? Sorry prob silly question, but want to clarfiy before I send letter.

Thanks in advance

red

Hello reduk054, A cca request and an SAR are two sepearate requests.

The CCA is the 1974 statute which is to do with your rights under this act,in it for a fee of £1 you can request a copy of your true executed agreement (not application form) this is basically to prove that there is an agreement in existance.(or not)

The creditor or whoever is handling the alleged debt must prove that they have a right to collect alleged monies owed,they must supply this info in 12 working days plus a further 2 days for postage allowances, after this time the account is in dispute,then after a further 30 days they are committing a criminal offence for failing to supply your requested agreement in the time allowed

When i requested this myself i sent it recorded delivery so you have a paper trail and proof that you have requested the paperwork.

An SAR is a data protection act request to the original lender or finance house which for a fee of £10 must provide all details of your financial dealings with the comapny such as statements etc and if they have charged you any fees which may be now deemed unlawful and you can reclaim them back.

Hope i`ve provided you with the basics of your rights :)

Best regards S

• Haha 1

Stormo thank you, you have helped and clarified my position. It is easy to read lots of threads, think you have a grasp of what is what and then realise that you don't.

I appreciate the time that you have taken to send me a good, basic overview.

Ok onwards and forwards :)

Red

Does any one know the Act i can refer to or the actual legal reasons as to why lloyds & solicitors cannot / should not take me to court ATM please? I have written a letter to solicitors but it needs some oomph so to speak!! LOL

This is in reference to diskmandave's post above quote

"State that you consider the account to be in dispute, and ask that they hold off on any action until they have complied with your rightful legal request..."

Hello again reduk054, the consumer credit act 1974 is the legal request with your £1 fee,there is a template letter which states which part needs to be complied with,sorry havent got time as i`ve got to go to work in a minute :(

If they are really solicitors they should know your rights pretty poor if they dont,but thats what they are being paid for,sounds like another scare tactic to me for you to cough up unaware you can challenge them.

Remember no agreement no enforcable debt and without the agreement you signed in the first instance to be provided with the original credit contract cannot legally pursue you and ask for payment,they will have to do a Neville Chamberlin and wave your agreement at you :) also the pen is mightier than the sword :)

Regards S

Thanks again stormo, I see the point you are making, and of course I should have put two and two together about the request letter and cut and paste it in my letter to the solicitors.

]Now I am sorry cos been at work, had a bit of a to-do earlier so may ask another silly question (please bear with me!)

I CCA'd 1st Credit about this debt on the 9th April and they have not responded to me at all. Is this where the account is in dispute?, as I also CCA'd LloydsTSB credit card along with an SAR request sent today (1st class recorded, with cheque). Now I am sure that Lloyds will have a copy of the CCA, but am I then disputing the amount that Lloyds are claiming because of charges etc?

Do tell me to b***** off if I am being a wally here but just want to get my facts right before I look like even more of a wally LOL

Thanks

Red

Hello reduk054,firstly try not to worry about your course of action,as you are just claiming your rights under the various acts. :)

Also no you are not a wally,i`ll try to help fellow members if i can,i must state i`m not legally trained but will give my opion or views on financial matters mostly based on my experiences in dealing with DCa`s and such like.

Ok back to matters in hand,you CCA requested 1st credit on 9th April thats Bank holiday monday? so no post then so i`ll assume you posted it the day after being the 10th and the DCA office got it on the the 11th.

The clock starts ticking on the 12th so going on the 12 working days,the time will be up next friday being the 27th.

It just so happens tommorrow is my calendar month on one of my requests to a DCA and nothing but a couple of blustering letters with veiled threats,thats all no agreement so they have commited the criminal offence,and i will send off a letter to report them to the regulatory authorities.

With regards to lloyds the SAR should show you the amount of unlawful charges you may have on the account,you just have to wade through them and highlight these and then total them up,in some cases the charges potentially owed outweigh the alleged debt which is a role reversal :) them owing you :).

Whether you get the CCA from lloyds, depends on the time thats gone by and how long they keep records for, but should be 6 years, from account closure and from what i`ve read on here with other cases whether lloyds do this, is for them and their record keeping methods so thats unknown at the moment.

Regards S

Hi Stormo,

Did your postman come and go without a copy of the agreement which you requested, sorry have been so engrossed with my threads that I did not ask. Hope it went in your favour!

"It just so happens tommorrow is my calendar month on one of my requests to a DCA and nothing but a couple of blustering letters with veiled threats,thats all no agreement so they have commited the criminal offence,and i will send off a letter to report them to the regulatory authorities."

I have not received any relevant mail to this thread, and Stormo, I must check out the dates of when I posted the CCA request, and update accordingly!!

Red

I have been reading a few scary threads regarding 1st Credit, especially the thread started by Thereshope.

In her case she had admitted the debt, now I am fairly sure that I have not admitted any debt to 1st Credit (she had not seen CAG at that point), just the CCA requests, although I knew that they did call a lot especially around Christmas last year. No payments have been made to 1st Credit, therefore presumably in the eyes of the law, I have not admitted any debt to 1st credit?!

Red

Hello reduk054,thanks for asking,i`m afraid Thames Credit and go and jump in the river off one of Londons famous bridges :grin:

They are well over their time limit,dont know whether to write to trading standards as i`ve got the result i`m looking for after paying this alleged debt for a number of years,i assume its best to write to DCA`s local trading standards office but might let as mentioned sleeping dogs lie :)

Has anyone received any feedback when this has happened?

I`d be interested if your reporting of non compliance To the relevant bodies has made any difference to your own situation,but doesnt excuse the DCA for pursuing you with out backing it up with the paperwork.

What makes me fume is they should have had the paperwork to start with but when you dont know your rights how can you challenge them.

I`ve personally no moral scruples about doing this if you have whats the point :) just my 2 euros worth :)

S

Stormo, pleased that you got your result with Thames Credit. Are you going to ask for the payments which you made to them back?

Write to trading standards, there are a few threads on here and some stickys regarding complaining about DCAs, with varying success. I dont think that it is Trading standards as such who you contact any more. I will post you the link of who you do complain to! (I contacted TS and they forwarded me a standard mail!)

I think that diskmandave(although my memory is not so good, it was not a thread which i suscribed to, just came accross it by accident) involved his local TS against a DCA called Lowells who did not comply with his CCA request, and his debt was written off completely!

Then kennyparkroad has contacted his TS about another DCA and they have not even aknowledged his mail!

Will try and post up some info for you!

Red

ps are you on holiday/in Ireland as you mentioned euros!

This firm did the same to me 3 different firms Lloyds, 1st credit and their solicitors, all in my husbands name he was taken ill and I was left to deal with these I explained our situation no reply from them next thing I was in court as they put a charge on my property for the sake of £4000

still dont know exactly what it is for?

Hello reduk054 sorry didnt have time earlier had to go out to work :) no dont live in Ireland but good old blighty :)

I`ve asked about the payments made to Thames but having not produced the agreement i cant claim anything as far as i know.

Any payments made would deemed to have been made "voluntarily" so i`ve been informed,glad to say that its now unenforcable as all the deadlines have passed ,the thing is i am certain the agreement wont be produced any time soon :)

Thanks for the link BTW

Regards S

Starz 61, thank you for your post. It makes me so cross that these bullies are obtaining charging orders over properties. Was it 1st credit who placed the charging order, and did you attend the court hearing? Also, are you still making any repayments to 1st credit/Lloyds about this one, or have you left the charging order in place? At least with the amount involved, they will not be charging interest ontop of the charge!

Stormo, that is news to me about the "voluntary" payments, but I can see the logic. I will see what I come across and post anything relevant...at least you dont have to continue making payments, lets hope that Thames stay away

Vampy - thank you "Just keeping an eye on your thread, Red!"

(you're a poet, now you know it ;) ). thank you, I enjoy your company :)

Red