Boredtotearsagain V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well here goes...

Discovered this site quite a while back and encouraged all my friends to have a go at claiming there charges back, but never got round to it myself..

Well Ive finally sat down and done it.

Sent prem letter to Halifax, Capital One and Yorkshire bank visa, wrote them on Monday, posted yesterday so they should have recieved them today..

I was wondering though, I have old accounts, halifax visa and YB bank account and I know they will have been charges on them too... but there all from a long time ago, more than 6 years and I dont have any information on them anymore.. Do you think I would be able to try claiming them???

Thanks

Sharon

I've just rang Halifax visa to see if they would give me my account number for my old credit card account... to discover the account is still open... go figure...

They took my card of me years ago (2001) and after paying them back havent heard a dickie bird from them????

The nice chap I spoke too, told me I have a balance of £0, but wouldnt tell me the account number.. although he did give me the address to write to.

Hi Sharon,

you can claim back as far as you like really, please read in the links below;

LINKS....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/71112-glance-guide-claiming.html

FAQs....

Templates Library....

If you have charges going back further than six years read in here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.

I have just received a letter from halifax in regards to my bank account which I sent the prem letter on monday.

In the letter it states they have 8 wks to investigate.

Do I wait for the 14 days to be up and just send the LBA, or should I give them longer?

Thanks in advance.

Just the 14 days,

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

It does get you that way, it also become quite addictive....:p

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The 14 days from sending Prem are up, and I am preparing to send the LBA.

the first line of the LBA says "I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the [XXDATEXX]."

However the halifax did respond via letter, stating that they had 8 wks to investigate, so I dont want to put that they failed to respond... but not sure how to word it..

I was thinking.. "thank you for your letter dated XX, however I am disappointed that you failed to resolve my complaint" and then continuing the letter as normal.

What do you think????