Clarification needed / Ulster Bank

bpk00

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been reading through a few threads concerning claims against Ulster bank and 2 issues have been raised.

Firstly the matter of UB making, or should I say asking, people to sign a confidentiality agreement in order to receive their payment. Is this legally binding? I don't think i'd sign such a document as I dont see why I should be prevented from telling people that I got my OWN money back. Also have they ever refused to settle if someone has refused to sign a confidentiality agreement? If so what steps could be taken?

Secondly, I read in one thread that N.I. claims were limited to £2000, is this true? I can't see it being so because surely that cant stop a person claiming back money that belongs to them! But if this is the case would you have to put in multiple claims to receive payment of all monies owed if the amount is more than £2000?

I just wanna get these things clear in my head before I start the process.

It would only be legally binding if they gave you something else for doing so, otherwise its meaningless legally.

Yes, Small Claims are limited to a maximum of £2000 in N.Ireland.

Larger claims must be dealt with as a Civil Bill.

Nothing to stop you taking anyone to court in England or Wales though, if you have an address over there you can use.

Max small claim over there is £5000.