Please help, I'm at my wits end!!

kelgt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll try and keep this short, currently I have a DCA recovering an old united utilities bill possibly going back 10 years! the original amount was for roughly £1800 and I agreed to pay them £30 pm of which I've been doing (begrudingly)

even though I can't afford it. Then yesterday I get a letter saying "our client has forwarded to us for collection your current water charges. this amount has been added to the balance you owe for previous years charges and the balance you owe in total is now stated above (£1,835.01)

then this in caps

" THE AMOUNT YOU ARE CURRENTLY PAYING IS NOT SUFFICIENT TO MEET YOUR ARREARS AND THIS YEARS WATER CHARGES"

"An increase in your payments is necessary to ensure the current charges are clear within the next 10 months.Unless we hear from you within 1 month your instalment will be increased to a repayment amount which will ensure the account is clear before your next bill is issued"

I thought wtf!! I have never even had a water bill through the door, so I phoned up united utilities who said they sent me a bill this month (not had anything) but they sell this years bill within days of issuing it! I asked what they had on their system what I owed them they said they can only go back 3 years but they will send me some itemised bills in the next few days.

Now as far as I'm aware debts over 6 years can be quashed so I'm hoping that if I contact the DCA they can give me a breakdown of the debt and I can tell them to whistle for anything that's over 6 years, can I do that?

Also was the water company in the wrong for selling this years bill to them only days after issuing?

this is really driving me crazy!! I'm quite willing to pay my water monthly just like eveyone else does but i've really had enough of this DCA sending me letters and phoning me at night and stuff, they phoned me the other night to remind me to pay this month and ask if i can increase payments!! I told them polity I do not like being phoned up at 8.30pm and no i cant and wont increase my payments. and i hung up on them.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks for reading :)

29/03 - DPA request letter sent to Nationwide

01/04 - Confirmation of DPA request received.

04/04 - Approcah for repayment made

18/04 - LBA letter sent

20/04 - All money refunded to my account!

i've just had a brief look through. who is the water firm? have you spoken to offwat about their conduct?

certainly a breakdown is well worth requesting.

have you been paying this historically?

I've been paying through the DCA for about a year now, the water company is united utilities.

18/04 - LBA letter sent

• 4 weeks later...

Update, I have received nothing from United Utilities since I phoned them and asked for my old bill and even my new one, not a thing!! feel like I'm flogging a dead horse here.

As for Robinson way DCA, well I haven't phoned them, I've been throwing their letters in the bin and I've changed my phone number.

What's the worst that could happen to me?

If I get taken to court do I have a leg to stand on?

18/04 - LBA letter sent

Subscribing and wish you luck.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.