kashie V Barclaycard

kashie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm in the middle of filling in an N1 for non compliance of statements from Barclaycard. (They gave the rubbish about the statements being on microfilm and even though I sent them a LBA, they have still failed to respond)

What I need to know is... in the particulars of claim section number 6, the damage caused is.... what do I need to put. and how would I prove that I have spend numerous hours in my office seeking legal advice, when the advice has come from this site?

Can anyone help?

Hello again,

Just to enlighten people on the problem I have, in the particulars of claim section for non compliance of statements, it say that I can claim for damges caused.

It shows on the template:

Extra costs incurred in addition to court costs, due to the Defendants failure to comply - this includes the cost of additional correspondence and time spent preparing documents and seeking legal advice, I estimate this cost to be £...........

Add any further things that can be clearly quantifiable, and to which you can provide proof.

How much should I charge for time etc, has anyone any idea????

I ve filed the same N1 for barclaycard non compliance to my SAR.

I ve skipped point 6 as i cannot quantify the amount of hours i ve spent on preparing letters, seeking advice(from this site), what i did put there was the actual postage fee and the extra inconvenience and left it to the judge what he/she deems just.

All i want at tis stage is the actual statement missing...

so i can claim against barclaycard for the "charges".

I guess if you want to claim expenses you should probably quantify the research in probably 3 hours @ £5.35(national minimum wage)

postage fees @ £1.18 x how many letters sent after the original SAR.

To be Honest as i said thats a bit too much for me and i left it at the discretion of the court

• 3 weeks later...

Filed an N1 for my statements from Barclaycard. They issued a defence and the next day I recieved all my statements. Funny that!!

Sent letter asking for a refund - watch this space.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Had a letter from my local county court today, saying they are transfering my claim to Cardiff. This will probably mean that they will put a stay on the claim now as they have with all the other claims I have that have gone to Cardiff, even though these are credit card claims.

• 2 weeks later...

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Yes, and alter any details so it fits your claim.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 1 month later...

Post back here, Kashie, so we keep track of your progress.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Kathrine ashton responded by forwarding my email to sharon daboul who is dealing with my claim. I had this response.....

my name is sharon daboul i am dealing with your claim. Last week I sent out a settlement letter to you (dated 10th Oct), but due to the postal strikes it is unlikely that you have received this yet.

I have attached a copy to this email. I am prepared to make an offer of £148.34 to settle your claim. This is the full amount of your claim less £24, which has already been refunded to you.

If you are happy to accept this offfer, please sign and return the letter to me, by email or fax, and I will arrange for your account to be credited.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to let me know.

Kind regards

Sharon Daboul.

All very nice indeed but i would rather the cash, as my account is no longer in use. (paying under an arrangement).

Do you think this is possible????

Hi Kashie,

A proper response at last. Is this the full amount of your claim + int't + court fees (excluding the fee for N244).

Can you get rep't direct to you? I believe it may depend on whether you are paying off several creditors by arrangement. If you are, then I think you're entitled to demand rep't to you so you can pay various creditors off proportionately.

Moneyhelp or SeaSideLady may confirm this point for you.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick,

this offer is for the £160 odd i originallyy requested with 8% added, but is not up to date with interest since claim put in or incuding court costs etc. Should I email this to them and suggest that they pay this??

Hi slick,

this offer is for the £160 odd i originallyy requested with 8% added, but is not up to date with interest since claim put in or incuding court costs etc. Should I email this to them and suggest that they pay this??

I think you should do that, and hold out for all your money ...:)

No, you cant claim for something you didnt actually pay for.

F&Q's... Read here