Jules1973 v Abbey

jules1973
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Senior Person in Abbey Data Protection Dept

:oops:

Hope this helps people who are still waiting on their bank statements (if like me, you are still waiting on the microfiche section of your statements. and the 40 day deadline is nearly up. This evening I spoke to a kind man called Peter in the compliance department and he said the most senior person to speak to is Debbie Waghorn regarding data protection issues. Her direct no is 01908 344381. She is normally there from 8:45am till around 7pm to cope with the backlog of requests.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Louis Wu, you are probably right. Hubbie tried ringing her direct line today and it goes straight onto voice mail. Apparantly she is off until tomorrow. I am hoping that my statements from 2001 - 2005 should be here soon as they cashed my cheque today and the 40 day deadline ends this sunday.

Out of the the banks we could of chosen to take care of our money, and we had to chose the one bank that loves taking it to the wire. A friend banks with Halifax, and they only had to go as far as the LBA and they coughed up everything. Guess they are not called shabby for nothing!!!!!

Abbey's latest trick is when you ring them to find out where your 2001-2005 statements are and quote "you only have 40 days to respond and your time is nearly up" their latest tactic is to tell you that the 40 days starts from when they receive the request from the Bradford Branch.

Our SAR was delivered by recorded delivery on 13th March, and they had the request from Bradford Abbey on 02/07/07. when the OH stated that it was requested by us on 13th and their time was up on the 22nd she sarcastically said "we dont deliver post on Sundays", she sounded war beaten, and reckon they are working 24hrs aday to cope with the influx of claims that have been occuring over the past 2-3 months. (Who's fault is that then abbey!)

Looks like if they havent arrived by tuesday (will get them an extra day, as I am a nice person) then will send them a letter giving them 7 days otherwise, looks like I will be reporting them/or taking them to court. Happy Days!!!!!

Guest louis wu

You need to allow two days for posting.

She probably wasn't just battle weary, she was probably a full blown battle-axe as well:)

Louis

Guest louis wu

Took a couple more N1 forms to the local court today. The clerk was very amusing, talking about all the claims that they're seeing at the moment. I think half the staff there had/are claiming as well.

So, yes I'm sure the are snowed under, but I for one have no sympathy at all for them. For their staff who have to deal with it, Yes, but for higher management who are worried about their bonuses, not one little bit.

Good luck

louis

I wished mine would get to the first stage of sending our the prelim letter, I am not the most patience person in the world, and I am sick to death of Abbey already. I cannot believe they leave it to the last minute to send the statements out, they would be less stressed out if they did them asap. Looks like I will be sending them a letter on tuesday giving them another 7 days arrhhh.:mad:

I am so glad I moved my mortgate from Abbey last year, dont want them profiting from me anymore.

Good Luck Louis with your case.

Hi

received a letter this morning from Abbey Bradford and wondered if anyone else had received it? and if so, how long after did you receive your a list of your charges prior to 2004.

Our Ref .......

Account Number ...........

I now enclose a summary of charges debited from your account which covers all charges going back to January 2004. blah blah blah

I apologise for the delay in sending you the info you requested and thank you for your patience. We are working hard to provide customers with the information requested on a timely basis by introducing new processes and systems. In view of your delay, we will refund your account with the £10.00 original fee charged.

If your account was opened before January 2004 details of charges for this period will follow as soon as possible.

..........Are Abbey now trying a different approach? Must admit it is a bit of a shock dont you think when you receive the stuff and realise just how much you have spent and how much they have taken.:o

Guest louis wu

This is the new 'standard reply' Abbey are using at the moment. Quite a few people are scepticle of this, as you have to trust Abbey not to have missed any charges (Not that they would do this on purpose, but an administration error could occur;))

Some are suggesting that Full transaction lists should be insisted upon, but that all depends upon the wording of your SAR's request. I suppose someone may find a discrepancy between Abbeys list and their own statements, and I am sure it will be posted all over the Abbey forum.

As to the shock part, I agree, except now, its money you can get back, and as I have said to others before, it almost now becomes a savings account that Abbey have kept safe for you:D.

Continued best wishes

Louis

Thanks for that Louis.

I checked their latest list against the statements they sent, and we tried racking our brains for times we knew we had gone overdrawn (due to them letting OH continue to use his debit card when they knew perfectly well there wasnt enough in the account), and it tallyed up with the schedule they sent. At least they have got something right. I will give them now till thursday (there time was up today), and if I havent received the rest then I will send of my LBA for non compliance. I just want to get onto the next stage, abbey have had my money for long enough.:mad:

Hope your claim is going well:)

Best Wishes

Jules

Help needed please.

Abbey's 40 days are up and like a lot of others here, I have recently received the spreadsheet which only shows the month and not the date the charges were debited.

I am going to send them template letter 2 (non compliance) from the CAG library and wondered if someone could just check that it is okay to put point 2 in the letter, as, am I right in thinking that if it gets to the court stage I have to provide details of the exact date the charges were applied to my account?

If Abbey wont supply me with the exact date can I just use the date of say the 9th? as looking back from previous statements/memory, they always take the money out between 6th-9th of the month.

1) You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges for the period from March 2001 through to December 2003.

2) You have failed to provide details of the exact dates the charges were taken from my account for the period from Jan 2004 through to Dec 2004

Thanks in advance, and good luck everyone.

Julie

Guest louis wu

Jules, the template needs adjusting to your needs, and thats what you have done. The points your including are what I would put.

I would send the letter and see what Abbey come up with. This seems to be happening a lot (again) these days, so keep on top of it and don't let them delay you.

Louis:)

I have just gone onto Tom Brennans website, after the 30th (give him a couple of days he says to update), he will be posting his witness statements and POC's and has given permission for anybody to copy/use them.

:-) Melissa,

Lets hope we get our money off them soon.

It will be interesting come Monday to see what the outcome is with regards to Tom Brennan. He is one brave man. Hopefully they will make an announcement on the radio as soon as the verdict is in.

Regards

Julie :-D

Yes I've had a look around onhis website - Brave he definately is !!

I did include the 2 bits from your letter in mine (1 and 2) i must have come across it before and pinched it!!

Tick Toc suppose we just have to sit and wait until the 7 days are up

Melissa

:p hi just read your thread this morning after posting second lab seems we are at the exact same stage.If i hear nothing after 7days i will add second point in template three.and also send complaint to ICO. many thanks ,please keep me posted on your results ,and i will do likewize .

Gabbeynaughtybutnotnice,

Will do, and good luck. With you, Melissa and me being at the same stage, we can experience it together and provide support. x

This website is soooo great, if Abbey pay up, then a donation will definately be winging its way to CAG.

Does anyone have the correct email address for pam speed, i have tried both [email protected] and [email protected] and they have both bounced back.

Guest louis wu

Hi Jules

I too, believe its [email protected]

You probably have this, but some other Pam Speed contact info

Pam Speed

Business Manager

Banking Services

Abbey

PO Box 1109

Bradford

BD1 5ZJ

Tel:- 08459 724 724

Fax:- 01274 369178

Hi Louis

I have even tried pamela.speed maybe she hasnt got one so that people cannot contact her. Her inbox would be crammed full.

I will just have to wait the 7 days out. I have already filled in the DPA complaints form and attached all the documentation that i want to send ready for next week. Just need to get hubbie to sign it, then will send it next week.

For anyone still awaiting statements prior to December 2004, (like me), here are the email addresses of two of the staff there and a couple of other contact names.

Both email address are correct as Debbie Waghorn sent an out of office reply, she is not in until Thursday 3rd May, and Jackie Scott reads the emails sent, as I had a message read delivered back to my computer.

Other contact names there are Dave Humphreys and Maxine Watts, in case people want to be a thorn in their side by emailing them as well as sending them letters.

I sent them a reminder email this morning (attaching the letter that I sent recorded delivery last Thursday) asking for my missing data from Jan 2001-2003 to be sent as a priority and prefably by recorded delivery, as their 40 day deadline had long gone, and I politely told them I had already filled in the complaints form and prepared the bundle ready to send to both the Information Commissioner and FSA if I hadnt received the info within the next couple of days.

Hopefully this will move their butts along, but won't hold my breath.

I want to email this tomorrow to Abbey Milton Keynes for Non Compliance, can someone just check it over for me to make sure what I am doing is correct.

Many thanks

I want to say........

As stated in my email to you on 1st May 2007 regarding outstanding information that you have failed to send to me under the Data Protection Act 1998, as your 40 day deadline under the Act expired on 22nd April 2007, and despite various letters and a phone call on 19th April 2007 in which I personally spoke to you, and an email to you, you have failed to contact me or send me the information I requested.

I appreciate that your department is busy due to the influx of recent claims, however you have a duty under the Data Protection Act 1998 to comply within the 40 days stipulated, and you have not done this, and seem to have no intention of sending me the remaining information.

As per the Data Protection Act 1998 (Part II Rights of Data Subjects and Others), Section 7 (8) states "a data controller shall comply with a request under this section promptly and in any event before the end of the prescribed period beginning with the relevant day"

Section 7(9) states "If a court is satisfied on the application of any person who has made a request under the foregoing provisions of this section that the data controller in question has failed to comply with the request in contravention of those provisions, the court may order him to comply with the request"

Section 7(10) states

"prescribed" means prescribed by the Secretary of State by regulations;

"the prescribed maximum" means such amount as may be prescribed;

"the prescribed period" means forty days or such other period as may be prescribed;

"the relevant day", in relation to a request under this section, means the day on which the data controller receives the request

Therefore, I am emailing you out of courtesy to inform you that a complaint form and bundle is being sent in tonight's post to both the Information Commissioner and the Financial Ombudsman Service.