Used template from The Sun Online - Should I resend using CAG's version?

Valiante
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent the following letter to Barclays, without payment enclosed (as per the instructions on The Sun Online website);

The Sun Online - Sun Money: Make your bank pay up

(See Step One)

It's now almost 40 days later. Should I continue using CAG's format and send a 7-day LBA, or should I start again from the beginning using CAG's first letter, enclose the payment and wait another 40 days?

Many thanks

Valiante ;)

I say yes without even looking at the Sun's version

The stuff on here is rock solid, for instance the SAR on here asks for an entire banking history, you might not get that but you've asked for it which will help if you later claim for more years than you initially get

and well done for getting here, read the step by steps and other claim threads, it's all gold

and there's a Prelim letter before the LBA anyway, and you'll need to wrestle with the spreadsheets on here than calculate your charges and interest, there's a few ways to do it depending on how bullish you feel

Ok, 40 days is up on Monday so I'll send CAG's first letter then with payment enclosed and start the 40-day count again. Presumably just a cheque will do? Who should I make it payable to, Barclays Bank PLC?

If it was me I would send the SAR from this site out I know its another 40 day to wait, but to make sure you get the statements its worth it. Micky is right that they do not usually cash in the cheque. Did you send your first letter by recorded? So you have proof that you did send it?

Or by all means to can write of your intention of making an official complaint with the OFT (i think thats them!).

Or just make the complaint!!!

Tori:)

I've looked at the Sun letter. Frankly, I don't think it's very good. Use the CAG template from the library.

The main difference, as pointed out, is the CAG letter asks for a FULL HISTORY. This is becoming more important, as claims for older charges are becoming more common now. Of course, if you haven't had the account that long, or had more money back then, it probably won't make any difference to you !;)

Pleased you found the right place to be, anyway!

Good Luck:D

David.