Help

chase

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have just regestered to this site and i've been reading all the threads.

I am in the middle of trying to reclaim my charges from Lloyds TSB :mad: , i have sent them a letter requested my money back and they are about a week overdue a response! But i'm not sure if i sent it to the right address. It was the same address as the one when i requested my statements.

Now i have to threaten them with court, but i dont know how to go sbout it.

Can anyone give me some tips?

Hi Chase,

And welcome aboard.

I presume you have all your statements and have a figure for the amount of charges they have taken from you. Can I ask if you used the template letters from this site or somewhere else.

The next letter to send is a Letter Before Action whis is again a request for refund, giving them 14 days to reply and if that deadline is missed you will file a claim at the courts without further notice.

If you look in the Lloyds TSB forum you will find a folder with all the contact addresses you need there. The letter you have allready sent will have been forwarded to the right place so no need to panic.

There is a lot of information on this site so take your time and spend a couple of days reading as much as you can.

Here are a couple of links to get you started and I suggest you always keep them to hand.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/24031-frequently-asked-questions.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

When you are comfortable start a thread "XXXX v Bank Name here" in the relevant bank forum as then people with specific experience of this bank can offer support and advice.

There is a lot of information to take in here so if unsure it is always best to Ask first.

If you need a quick answer to a question you could always try the chatroom as there are usually some very helpful people in there.

Very best of luck

BB

Any advise offered is my own opinion, and if in doubt, always seek clarification.

[

Guest louis wu

Hi chase, I think it would be helpful if you could give us a few more details.

Was it the initial request letter from here that you sent? and did you include the schedual of charges (without the 8% interest)?

If the answers are yes, then you need to send the LBA

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

Once that has gone, you will have 2 weeks to brush up on this process.

Read (or read again) the FAQ's, and have a goo look around the Lloyds forum for stories that seem similar to you. It does take time, but the more time and effort you put in t o your claim the easier it will be. Yes, we are here to answer questions, but its important that you have a good understanding of whats happening.

As for the Lloyds address, if it was sent registered to a legitimate lloyds address it shouldn't matter, but for future reference I would send all correspondence (recorded delivery) to Head office.

Best of luck

Louis

Thankyou, i appreciate your help!!

I originally got the templates of the GMTV website, but as i read on alot of people were reccomending this website.

So i need to forward them a letter before court procceedings, could you give me the template for this? :)

Guest louis wu

you need to have a look in the template library. Have a good look around this site, and follow the link BitingBack posted to start you off.

The more work you put in now to understand the layout of this site and this process, the easier it will be for you later on.

louis

Hi again Chase

Wise words from Louis, and Louis thx for you comments, great minds etc etc.

Best of Luck Chase

BB

Any advise offered is my own opinion, and if in doubt, always seek clarification.

[