Abbey failing to pay up

wotnext
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have taken Abbey to court. Abbey failed to acknowledge anything from the court. I received my Judgement for Claimant some weeks ago, and still Abbey haven't paid up.

What should I do?

Might be worthwile giving the court a quick ring, explain the siuation to them and see if they can shed any more light.

It may well just be Abbey dragging their heels.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Did you use MCOL or the n1 approach ?

If I have been of any use to you in my response please click my scales. :oops:

MBNA WON 16/3/07 £1700 :p

Barlcays N1 fileld in and awaiting funds to take them to court.

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Currently in Litagation with Barclays 11/5/7 ( Awaiting Court Date )

I have just spoken to Abbey after holding for over half an hour. They seem to be busy in the 'complaints about bank charges department'. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

I explained that although the court has issued judgement against them, that they have failed to pay up and unless they pay within one month (which ends on Sunday) they will have a CCJ registered against their name for the next 6 years. And that on Monday I would be contacting the court and will be asking them to begin enforcement proceedings against them.

She was very understanding. Looked at my details and confirmed that they have received court paperwork but nothing was on the system to confirm that a cheque had been sent. :rolleyes: So she clarified my details, confirmed the amount that I have claimed and is going to email the legal department as a matter of urgency to get them to ring me either this afternoon or tomorrow.

She showed obvious concern about the Sunday deadline so I expect to hear something within the next 24 hours. Hopefully it will be positive news.

Aaaaaarrrrggghhh This is driving me insane. Abbey never called back and no cheque has been forthcoming. I called them this morning to confirm if I still had any accounts left open with them. I was told one but they money has not been paid in to that either.

So effectively as of today Abbey have a CCJ registered against their name for the next 6 years. I assume I'll have to ring up the court tomorrow and instigate enforcement proceedings against them.

I can't seem to find any info on this site about what happens in this instance. Is there any? I don't know what happens from here.

There is lots about this all over the site.

Go to the court and apply for a warrant. It will cost about £30 which you will get back.

Don't bother to warn the bank. They aren't worth it and they don't deserve it.

Find out from the court which bailiff they will use. Call the bailiff and try to find out when they will go there. then call the local press who will be only too pleased to go and take pictures.

get your hair cut if you want your own picture taken as well.

Don't bother to warn the bank. They aren't worth it and they don't deserve it.

here, here Bank Fodder.

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

do it, do it, LOL:D

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

I am just filling out the Request for Warrant of Execution form so I can take it to my local court. I've put Abbey's address as the same address I used on the other forms. However, I've heard of people sending bailiffs in to their local branches.

There is a part at the bottom of the form which allows you to enter information for the bailiff. Should I instruct them to enter my local branch instead?

I did speak to Abbey the other day and was told that the money would be credited to my account by the close of business that day. It didn't happen. Apparently the legal team were meant to call and they haven't bothered either. So I figure that they don't deserve a thing from me. The CCJ is now already registered against them for the next 6 years and it just means that it may take me longer to get my money, but the way in which I do will give me much more pleasure. I also told them I would be informing the press and will ask them to be in attendance. :p

wotnext I'd love to come & take pictures. What part of the universe are you in.

SW London. :D If I can get the press down there I'll be sure to post a few pics if it all goes ok.

Have it served on your local branch. Particularly if it's the one you used for you banking

I visit Wimbledon/Croydon/Surrey a lot so keep me informed

can someone help me i am making my court claim to abbey and it wont except the address im using which is the complaints address ? is this wrong what one should i use and also does anyone know a number i can phone for abbey to speak to someone higher as it said in the paper yesturday the more you hastle them the more likely they will cough up as this is doin my head in now please help me !!!!!!!

Yes I will!

Sorry for sounding a bit 'fik':D but should I enter the local branch details at the bottom of the form and ask the bailiff to visit that address instead?

wotnext YES YES the local branch

oh god yes and dont forget to talk to the baliff and find out when and which branch he is going to and then contact the press, the Beeb, Sky oh heck just tell everyone and then take a flask and a box of tissues (for when you crack up laughing, oh yes and please take a Digital camera or a camcorder and record it ALL for us

deep joy

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed