Accepting full repayment without terms

The Pigeon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Spoke to my bank on Friday about some new charges which had pleasantly arrived whilst I'm in the middle of a claim, and I asked the assistant if they'd be willing to refund me these new charges 'in branch'.

He said, a little shakily, that the new charges couldn't be refunded and if I was successful with my current claim then I would be agreeing to the terms of the refund which meant that I couldn't get charges refunded ever again - if I tried to, my account would be closed. I said when my money returns to me, I will be accepting it without any terms thank you very much, and he just stuttered and said...well, well, that's something you'll have to agree with head office......

So, I was wondering how people have gone about accepting their money back without terms? If I received a letter offering me a full repayment but it had terms on it that I didn't agree with, what would I do? Has anyone had their accounts closed?

Cheers - The Pigeon.

The Pigeon vs RBoS

03/04/07 - Prelim letter sent requesting £765

12/04/07 - Acknowledgement of letter - "We are considering your claim".

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/63021-pigeon-rbos-started-19-a.html#post724228

Yes people have had accounts closed, if you dont accept the offer due to the terms of the offer then proceed to next step, court.

Cheers Bigmac, wouldn't fancy going to court but if that's what it ultimately takes, then I'd do the research. Hope it's all settled before then though.

The Pigeon vs RBoS

03/04/07 - Prelim letter sent requesting £765

12/04/07 - Acknowledgement of letter - "We are considering your claim".

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/63021-pigeon-rbos-started-19-a.html#post724228

They're just trying to bully you. There is an acceptance letter in templates library but IMHO even if you signed their letter as the charges are unlawful, so also, would be any letter stipulating you decist from claiming (still unlawful) any further charges. Any suggestion that they were going to close or downgrade your account could rightly be seen as retaliatory action and the OFT would not be impressed.

They're just trying to bully you. There is an acceptance letter in templates library but IMHO even if you signed their letter as the charges are unlawful, so also, would be any letter stipulating you decist from claiming (still unlawful) any further charges. Any suggestion that they were going to close or downgrade your account could rightly be seen as retaliatory action and the OFT would not be impressed.

Surely the OFt would be intrested in seeing a copy of this letter and maybe the FSA too. Its bullting and reialitary

If I have been of any use to you in my response please click my scales. :oops:

MBNA WON 16/3/07 £1700 :p

Barlcays N1 fileld in and awaiting funds to take them to court.

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Currently in Litagation with Barclays 11/5/7 ( Awaiting Court Date )