• Tweets

• OK, thanks, I won't wait for them. On a side note, some of the posts on here are a bit frustrating, I read through five pages or so of someone going through the court process rooting for them as I'm reading, then nothing, not heard of again. Left here wondering what the outcome was, lol!
    • Hello Caggers,   I've been trying for years to get an old EE account wiped off my credit file. It was opened in 2013 and almost immediately defaulted but was shown as "Payment Arrangement" ever since. I contacted EE by telephone in 2022 and was advised it had not been wiped because therte was still £69 owing, so I paid it and thought it would correct once the CRA's updated their reporting cycle.   However, it has still not been removed. I made a formal complaint on 27/03/2024 and have had contact with the executive team who advised that  "EE account 106985089 has now been deleted from the Credit File as it failed to close as it was reporting the payment arrangement set up despite, as advised this failing which should have resulted in a further default showing.  Please be advised the deletions we have completed take 24 hours to update if a paid service is used to view the Credit File. If the customer uses one of the free services to view the Credit File, the recordings update in 24 hours but the changes can take up to 30 days to be visible on a new copy of the Credit File. I have requested compensation and been advised by EE that another team are looking into this. That was almost 2 weeks ago and there has been no contact since, despite me chasing it. I do not want to go to court and would rather settle this amicably. However,I have been advised that I might have a claim for aggravated damages due to the length of time the incorrect reporting has been on my file and the fact that I told EE about this issue and paid the demanded outstanding amount of £69 almost 18 months ago. Should I just wait for EE to reply or should I start building my case against them? Is their statement admissible as evidence of their blame or do I need to dig a bit more? I made a DSAR which was initially rejected as having no data found yet. I trawled my e-mails from 2013 and found the account number and mobile number, so I'm now awaiting the result of my 2nd attempt at DSAR. I have very little in the way of proof of actual loss except a mortgage refusal e-mail from HBOS in 2015. I have also had high interest loans and credit over the last 10 years but again cannot directly attribute this to this one specific error. There were other items on my credit file that could also have contributed to a low credit score too and I'm not out to cash in on anything. I want to make sure I don't end up shooting myself in the foot for any obvious reason and would appreciate any help from anyone who has had similar experience with breaches of DPA.
    • Noted. Keep an eye on the other threads here including the update a few hours back by Rob Carr.
    • dont need statements. nor std info sheets. EVERTHING else  dx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Guidelines - Requests For An Original Agreement Under The Consumer Credit Act 1974

gizmo111
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to get a consensus of what would be acceptable in the following circumstances as far as the time scales are concerned.

I have UK debt but now live permanently in Rep of Ireland. If I send the CCA letters I can still use the recorded postage from here. The reply might be a bit different. If anybody has any experience of rural post in Ireland you will know what I mean. How should I judge the correct time. 12 plus an extra 7 say or go by the date of their reply?

(Should I bother at all I have been told its not enforceable if I dont live in UK anyway.......... too honest i guess) :rolleyes:

Thanks.

TT

hi

the bank did not have the original, or true copy of, the orignal agreement, and are unable to produce, nor have they within the time scale. they finally replied and admitted they do not have it, but still want me to pay it off!

pay what off? the debt does not exisit and never did?

therefore, i have been paying about £350 a month for the last 5 years to something that does nto exist...so i presume i can claim this money back considering the 'loan' did not exisit'??????

hi

the bank did not have the original, or true copy of, the orignal agreement, and are unable to produce, nor have they within the time scale. they finally replied and admitted they do not have it, but still want me to pay it off!

pay what off? the debt does not exisit and never did?

therefore, i have been paying about £350 a month for the last 5 years to something that does nto exist...so i presume i can claim this money back considering the 'loan' did not exisit'??????

I doubt you can claim anything back. You have acted positively by making payments against this 'debt', you cannot now act in any way that is contrary. I believe that by paying against this 'debt' has waived your right to claim all these payments back.

I say this because i know of a court case where the scenerio was the other way round, a company was protesting some invoices but then acted in a way that was contrary to its protest. i.e paid them, this alone waived thier right to dispute the invoices

Someone correct me if i am wrong....

I doubt you can claim anything back. You have acted positively by making payments against this 'debt', you cannot now act in any way that is contrary. I believe that by paying against this 'debt' has waived your right to claim all these payments back.

I say this because i know of a court case where the scenerio was the other way round, a company was protesting some invoices but then acted in a way that was contrary to its protest. i.e paid them, this alone waived thier right to dispute the invoices

Someone correct me if i am wrong....

Sorry, this is wrong. There is clear precedent in caselaw that restitution, which is being reffered to here, is possible. (Sempra)

Also, a company wouldn't be afforded the protection under the Consumer Credit Act, which could prevent the enforcement of the remaining debt.

Sorry, this is wrong. There is clear precedent in caselaw that restitution, which is being reffered to here, is possible. (Sempra)

Also, a company wouldn't be afforded the protection under the Consumer Credit Act, which could prevent the enforcement of the remaining debt.

Well in that case Capquest owe my 5k, as i too had been paying a debt that didn't exist and HSBC admitted it!

Well in that case Capquest owe my 5k, as i too had been paying a debt that didn't exist and HSBC admitted it!

Personally, I think it's v dodgy - getting out of having a duty to repay my debts was enough for me and I would have lost the Judge if I'd tried to reclaim what was paid.

Other's have achieved it, however.

Proceed with caution.

Personally, I think it's v dodgy - getting out of having a duty to repay my debts was enough for me and I would have lost the Judge if I'd tried to reclaim what was paid.

Other's have achieved it, however.

Proceed with caution.

Your quite right it is dodgy, thats why i have not done it, after all i did spend the money i borrowed and i believe i had a moral duty to pay it back and i'm sure a court would think the same. In hindsight if i had known then what i know now i may of acted differently, who knows.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new on here and not sure I am in the right place... I got myself into a bit of debt, which has gradually increased since uni (5 years ago)...I have a couple of credit cards and a loan which amount to about £23k. I paid off one of my credit cards today, which was quite an achievement (or so i thought) to be told that I have now been defaulted for 6 years!!

The agreements on my cards/loan were taken out before 2007 and i think i could be eligible for the non enforceable agreement. Can anyone help me? One company called me and wanted 20% of £23k for their fees. They wanted £1,050 upfront and non-refundable. I am trying so hard to get out of debt and companies like that one penalise you for trying! Please help!!

Hi, I'm new on here and not sure I am in the right place... I got myself into a bit of debt, which has gradually increased since uni (5 years ago)...I have a couple of credit cards and a loan which amount to about £23k. I paid off one of my credit cards today, which was quite an achievement (or so i thought) to be told that I have now been defaulted for 6 years!!

The agreements on my cards/loan were taken out before 2007 and i think i could be eligible for the non enforceable agreement. Can anyone help me? One company called me and wanted 20% of £23k for their fees. They wanted £1,050 upfront and non-refundable. I am trying so hard to get out of debt and companies like that one penalise you for trying! Please help!!

Hi Janeywaney

First thing to do is don't stress yourself out over these cards, we've all been there.

What you need to do first is send the credit card companies a £1 postal order and ask for your credit card agreement from these.

This will see what these companies have got on you in terms of enforceable agreements.

Gaz

Thanks Gaz! I have spent the whole day stressing about it!! I have been close to tears on many ocassions! Can you suggest a template?

I have just paid for my credit report online. According to that, 2 creditors have defaulted me 1) Barclays (which was my student account - i went overdrawn and they closed my account over a weekend without informing me) and 2) Egg - credit card I paid off today. There is no sign of even having an account with other creditors. Does this mean I can stop paying them or should I continue to pay until I have sent this letter with the £1? Sorry to be such a pain! And thank you so much for your help!

Hi Janeywaney

No need to send it special delivery, Recorded delivery will do.

Barclay's are not the best people to comply with CCA's.

But your in good hands on this forum, as there's plenty of good people on hear that will give you sound advice.

If you need any reading, your more than willing to visit my threads at Gazza112 as i'm dealing with 5 credit card companies at the moment.

Gaz

Gaz

• 1 month later...

Hi i requested a signed cca from Fashion World in May they did not reply till late June saying they have a " true copy" of cca form with no signature of mine on anyhting with them as this account with them is over ten years old. Now i have a thretning letter sayiig they will default my account and will go back there collections dept and say i will have problems gaining credit ,i have had dealings with their collections dept before(nightmare), Fashion world have unfair terms and payments that why i thought i go through this route i have not paid them for at leat 6 months. I am on stalemate with them , i need some advice please .. many thanks

hiya

What about mail order catalogues? Can their cca be unenforceable? And if they are what happens to the stuff you have bought? And if like credit cards and loans they could be uneforceable, what happens to your credit report if you stop paying completely because of unenforceability?

I am new here re so be gentle with me:)

suzie x

hiya

What about mail order catalogues? Can their cca be unenforceable? And if they are what happens to the stuff you have bought? And if like credit cards and loans they could be uneforceable, what happens to your credit report if you stop paying completely because of unenforceability?

I am new here re so be gentle with me:)

suzie x

Dear Suzie

If debt is unenforceable it emasns they cant get it back it doesnt mean its dissapeared so your credit report could get marked with a default which will not help you in trying to get credit . If cca is unenforceable then it means as i said they cant get it back so the stuff you bought is yours but just because an agreement catologue companies or otherwise is unenforceable it doesnt mean the debt is written off regards Gaz

hi MFL

My mail order accounts are with Littlewoods and Empire Stores. I have sent them letters basically telling them that I am struggling to pay at the moment, and made them a lower payment offer. Littlewoods have more or less told me 'no way jose', but Empire have accepted my offer for three months, after which time my account and ability to pay will be under revision. However, I am worried about the effect this will have on my credit file, as I am only one month adrift with both of them......I think I will request a cca and see what transpires.......although help and advice will be very welcome....:D

Good luck to all craggers:)......Thanks

me x

(Suze)

Hi Suze,

In my experience the DCA's do their best to grind you down by constantly sending you threatening letter, telephone calls, the works. As for your credit file it goes right down the pan as even though they are not supposed to give information to the credit reference agencies whilst the agreement is in dispute they still do. The FOS and the Information Commissioner's Office have no teeth and pay lip service to the problem.

If your in this you have to be in it for the duration as they will test your resolve time and time again.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks