style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Originally Posted by bill-k viewpost.gif

FWIW, I was engaged in a "full and frank" discussion with him last night. We ended the discussion on good terms, and the matter was resolved.

The guy did not say he has 30,000 other people needing his attention, so please go away, because he's so busy. He took the time and trouble to see the matter through to the end.

A refreshing change, I thought.

I'm sorry, Dave, but I believe you have mis-quoted me. Could you tell me where that is posted ?

In which case, I stand by my earlier comment:

I have no idea what/why everyone seems to be so annoyed

Dave, that may be because you refuse to hear, when someone argues a point which you disagree with. Instead, you show them the door, and your helpers erase their posts, as we can see is happening here.

Yawn.

Bill, stop being a dunce. You know exactly where that waste of time thread was and exactly where I quoted you from.

You seem to have some problem with an avater of a user as well for some reason.

Why not just go back to doing what you are good at (apart from time wasting obviously), which is helping people.

It's funny, but people started throwing their toys out of the pram at around this time of year last year as well. It all died down within a month - I truly believe that it's the changing of the weather. I noticed it on MSE last year too.

Bill, we do not *show people the door*. In the whole history of this site there has been one user banned. He was banned for continually spamming every single thread. I don't think that was an unreasonable thing to do given the circumstances.

You really seem to have a chip on your shoulder about this site.

Generally, if there is a web site I do not like - I don't go there.

Posts that contravene the forum rules (which I assume you have read), will be removed. It clearly states that in the rules themselves.

You may be interested to know that we have to field all sorts of legal attacks regarding posts made by users. I would have thought that it was obvious considering who our *enemy* is.

As has been mentioned to you before - we DO NOT have true freedom of speech in the UK. People become liable and publishers are responsible for what they publish.

We are the publishers. Regardless of precedent that shows that in some cases the ISP (who we are on very good terms with and do not want to harm that relationship) is liable, we simply couldn't afford to defend such action against us.

If this means that the mods are doing their job with zeal, then excellent - no-one gets sued and the site stays here helping people.

I really wish that you would just respect the rules - they were long thought out and written for a reason. Not just thrown together to p*ss people off.

You used to actually come here and help people - for which they (and me) were very grateful. I don't understand what has made you change so much that all your posts are complaints about this site - to the point where they have to have their own thread just to keep them out of the way and in one place.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks