Please help

londondanny

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a victim of a indentity fraud.Receantly I have received a letter from a debt collection agency, who acts on behalf of a Peugeot finances, requesting immediate payment for the sum of £3700 for the car I supposedly purchased.I have wrote couple of letters to Peugeot Finances, naively did not sent them by registered post, explaining that I do not have a driving licence and never had a car.However thay wrote back, saying that mine name matches with the person's who bought the car, and being a foreigner in this country with unusual name it must be me. I have asked for a copy of a contract, the person has the same name but the address and signature are not mine. Also they do not have picture of a buyer coz he used foreigner documentation without visual ID.Wrote to P. Finances again, stating all this facts but still nothing. I have asked Citizen Advice B. for help but they are really slow and tried to hire criminal layer but my case is not for strong enough for them. Right now I am black listed by every credit agency and do not know what to do next to clear my name. So please help . Thanks

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("741214") report.gif progress.gif

I am bumping up you request hoping someone will answer you.

I also had someone pretend to be me but on a smaller scale - obtaining a sat nav and a phone. But they had used my bank details as security - I think you are owed a bit more of an explanation about what documents were used as ID and security? Who would lend that amount of money without some sort of security that it was going to be paid? Did they produce bank details for a DD? Have you checked your bank account ?ils. Have you reported it to the police - I know for small amounts they might not be interested but this could be happening on a larger scale and you may need a police report showing you believe this to be fraudulent if you need to take it further.

Hope someone with more knowledge answers you soon.

Jansus

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Go to the police straight away.

Get a crime reference number, get your credit file (free if you are a victim of identity fraud (I can email you the forms if you pm me your email address)

They will not take you seriously without a crime reference number. Once you have these I will help you write to the companies if you want

Get CIFAS aswell costs £11 but worth it.