Notice of Allocation of Hearing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have recently received from the County Court a 'Notice of Allocation Hearing' in regards to my claim against the Abbey National for refund of Bank Charges. The Notice informs me that a telephone hearing has been scheduled in accordance with Civil Procedure Rule PD23.

The notice states that it is the Applicant Solicitor's responsibility to arrange the Telephone Conference with a Conference Provider, (or 1st named party on opposing side who is represented), and to contact the court to ascertain the name of the judge that will be hearing this matter, at least two days before the hearing. Once you have been given the name of the judge you should give this to your conference provider along with the conference telephone number.

What does all this mean? I have no Solicitor to represent me and does the word 'Applicant' actually refer to me or the defendant Abbey National? Is it my responsibilty to contact them to arrange this 'conference' or is it their responsibility to organise this?

I am very confused as the document also talks about in accordance with PD23 it is the responsibilty of the legal representative responsible for arranging the telephone conference to file and serve a case summary and draft order, if the hearing relates to Multi or Fast Track and Disposal Directions, no later tha 4:00pm on the last working day before the hearing. Again what does this mean?

Any help/information regarding this procedure would be gratefully received.

Hi Psdavis01.

Start a thread in the Abbey Forum and post the history of your claim including all the details. We need to know a bit more about it.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Since you have no solicitor, it is Abbeys responsibility to arrange this.

Write to them refering to the order and ask them to let you know the arrangements they are making. Copy to the court.[Many thanks for your quick response i will compose a letter to Abbey National ASAP requesting information on the arrangements they are making]