Land of Leather (LOL)

Darren
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mum bought a suite (two seater + three seater) from LOL. on delivery the three seater wouldn't come through the door so it was left in the garage and was signed for as that and unchecked. It was not till the weekend the window was removed to get the sofa in. On unwrapping it we noticed that the arm on one side was only about half as size of the other. Phoned LOL on the monday (now six days after delivery) told to wait a while to see if it wears in. After several phone calls they finally agreed to repair it, mum really wanted it replaced but because of the window having to be removed she agreed to a repair, albeit now five months after delivery. The repair was done and this made the furniture very uncomfortable as all the seats were stuffed with as much padding as they could get in and the arms of the sofa still dont match. Another call was made and mum was told to wait as it would break in. several calls followed and she kept getting fobbed off. This is where I got involved so everything from now on is in writing. SAR'd them, this they returned within a week and sent the fee back saying they dont charge (this is the only good thing theyve done) The first technicians report advised that it could not be repaired and he said 'can only advise the items are replaced' they dont record calls but enclosed a copy of order notes, includes time and date called with brief details of conversation. it only has twelve calls recorded though, phone bill shows alot more than that, and they are not in date order so looks suspicious. Anyway I wrote a letter asking why they only offered repair against Thechnicians advice, reply said 'the repair was carried out in good will, we are not obliged to do any work on a suite with normal wear and tear'

I sent them LBA threatening Court actioned and they have done what they do best - Ignoerd it!

Its now time to fill out N1. I assume I now stop writing to plymouth store and send this to Head office. Any suggestions on the wording would be much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A quick update - we won!

just had a letter saying they are going to arrange collection of the suite and send a cheque for the full amount

This site is great - thanks CAG

We still have to listen to the BS these companies come out with, but we no longer have to roll over and take it.

• 3 weeks later...

Now the cheque has cleared I couldn't resist posting their defence.

It may help anyone who is worried about 'is it too late' as you can see this suite was purchased in November 2004

LOL.jpg

reading all the LOL threads you have to laugh at them saying its 'wear and tear', but to use the defence 'it was due to the way the suite was used' is ....err...umm..ahh. I just cant find the right word here.

My Mum is 60, how can she be using the suite incorrectly?

Anyway I hope this made you laugh as much as I did when I read it, and I hope it gives inspiration to all those fighting for their rights.

Hi

We bought our suite 18 months ago .In this time we have had an upholsterer out three times. This is after weeks waiting for some one to come out as they do not use upholsterer in our area . They deliver though .The springs have gone for the fourth time in the recliner which my husband sits in whom is disabled I sit on the corner sofa springs have gone again. We have no children as left home I work fourty eight hours a week ,so not abused.They are now changing the suite but not for the price we paidthree hundred puonds less as they said it was now eighteen months old. It should have been replaced in the first instant.[one of the upholstersused my garden string to fix the springs]

They are entitled to charge you usage for the time you have had it, £300 would be about right for 18 months if youpaid £1000 for the suite, although it could be argued due to the amount of times it has been repaired, as you havent really had 18 months normal/enjoyable use. Make sure you get a receipt for the new one, if this 1 goes wrong demand a refund.

Trying to fix the springs with string is ridiculous, but doesnt supprise me. the first technician that looked at ours said it was unrepairable but LOL repaired it anyway (tried) and it was never right since.

let us now if you need any help, you will get plenty on this site.

Good luck

• 1 month later...

:mad: Well i am having nothing but problems with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I firstly purchased a corner suite at just over 4 mths ago now. Got the suite in time (Shock Horror)--Then it was unwrapped, it had a few marks so rang Poole store and had to wait a month to get it repaired. In that time one of the recliners collapsed, so i rang the poole store again stating the problem!!!!!!!! So some one came out in the end, fix the scuff marks and just looked at the other recliner, saying we will have to order, yet another month goes by. Upon repair they offered me after a push £150- which i accepted and it was credited back onto the agreement. Then yet another problem, the leather starting pealing:eek: so i called the store againthey said that they would have to send someone else out. We was then visited again, the guy said it was not worth repairing. He said he would have to do a report again, at this point i am fuming:mad: So i called the store and all they said was we have to wait for the report. I left it a week and still no return call from Nigel the Manager or anyone else, so i had to call- then they said it can be repaired8) so at this point i have had enough, asked for a replacement. DO you know what the manager said, well we have to try a repair first, i said NO. Then he said ok you can have a new one, but we have to pick up the old one and you will have to pay the extra £150 that we gave you back:lol: so i just laughed at him. Then he said he would have to speak to his boses this went on and on continous mobile phone cost and my time. Finally got a call saying we could have the new suite, at no extra costs, so i was happy. He then said it will be 2-4 weeks which i could live with. Called 2 weeks into this to get an ETA and Mike the sales rep said the goods will not be in the country to 11th sept, making the time 12 weeks. Then the sales rep Mike had the cheek to say at least we are leaving you with the suite, so i have asked for a return call from Nigel the so called shop manager..... Would never use this shop again, All you people thinking about going to LAND OF LEATHER RETHINK ABOUT IT----GO ELSEWHERE.......................Any advise from anyone would be appricated