lloyds re-financing loan and bank charges

cardiffboy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Due to having the @$$ charged off me in bank charges by Lloyds bank I my account was apparently "red flagged". The charges meant I kept going over my overdraft limit etc. I received a call from Lloyds informing me of a loan that I basically had no option but to take that would consolidate my overdraft, credit card and loan. Obviously this was attractive at the time however this was only offered and I really feel was unnecessary due to the bank charges which had I not been charged would have been able to at least kept up with the repayments.

Could I open up a complaint with lloyds that this was unnecessary providing they pay my original claim for charges back????

This is crippling me now !!!!!!

Thanks guys,

cardiffboy

yes, I have a claim currently underway regarding the charges however nothing related to the loan I now have to pay back. I really need some advice on this so whatever help I can get is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry about the other post!

The current loan on my lloyds account was offered to me to consolidate my overdraft, credit card and loan. It was offered to me as my account had been "flagged" due to charges. As the charges became more and more I could not make all the payments on time so was offered this loan as a convenient way of making my payments. On one hand, brilliant everything in one place, but on the other hand if it was not for the charges I wouldnt have needed to have taken the consolidation loan and put in more debt!

How do I approach this now? it seems very complicated!

If you was to include any part of the loan in a claim for bank charges then it would be the amount of interest t hat you were charged as a result of the loan, this really should have been in your original claim. Have a read of the link in my signature to see how I claimedthe interest back on a loan.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi guys,

Can I just get this clear before I take any further. These are the steps I have taken so far:

1. Requested statement of charges

2. Request letter sent asking for charges to be payed back

This has not been responded to.

My thinking was that if/when Lloyds pay this back, it means that the loan that they recommended I take on was by no means legal ?!?!?! :?

So, should I start again and now demand the interest on this loan as well or shall I stick to my original plan and just get my charges first? If so please make clear what my next move is please. Really appreciate everyones help so far!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.