fighting for the money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI, I wonder if anyone can help, I am making a claim against Intelligent Finance ( part of Halifax)

I received my list of charges from IF, but they show the charges for the Bank account ,and then list the charges for the credit card I have with them, both lots only show dates and amounts (no details of what charge is for)

They have listed the PLan Number on the letter and not the account numbers.

All I really need to understand is as both accounts are with IF, do I have to do a sperarate prelim letter, one for the current account and another for the credit card, if so would this be treated as two seperate claims, two court filings? or can I send two spreadsheets (one for each account)with the prelim, LBA etc

Any help that can be given would really be appreciated so that I can move on to the next stage;)

Sorry I have come onto the Halifax threads, but the IF threads seem to be being left behind a little........:sad:

HI, I wonder if anyone can help, I am making a claim against Intelligent Finance ( part of Halifax)

I received my list of charges from IF, but they show the charges for the Bank account ,and then list the charges for the credit card I have with them, both lots only show dates and amounts (no details of what charge is for)

They have listed the PLan Number on the letter and not the account numbers.

All I really need to understand is as both accounts are with IF, do I have to do a sperarate prelim letter, one for the current account and another for the credit card, if so would this be treated as two seperate claims, two court filings? or can I send two spreadsheets (one for each account)with the prelim, LBA etc

Any help that can be given would really be appreciated so that I can move on to the next stage;)

Sorry I have come onto the Halifax threads, but the IF threads seem to be being left behind a little........:sad:

Bump

IMO I would keep bank accounts and credit card accounts separate. If they were both bank or both credit, then one claim.

I know this would mean two of everything including court claims, but you do get the costs returned.

HTH:)

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

IMO I would keep bank accounts and credit card accounts separate. If they were both bank or both credit, then one claim.

I know this would mean two of everything including court claims, but you do get the costs returned.

HTH:)

Hi Many thanks for your quick response:)

I am now getting very confused though and am not sure which way to turn next. As I stated my Son sent SAR to IF (part of the Halifax group) anyway as stated in my posting above, he got a letter back showing his Plan number (not the account number that he used when requesting info, not sure what a Plan number is, something to do with security I think?) anyway, on their letter they listed 2 sets of charges, 1 lot for current account and the other for Credit card charges. My son has confirmed that he has never had a credit card with Intelligent Finance:eek: .

The only thing that we have been able to trace is a credit card that he had with MINT (also Part of Bank of Scotland, same as Halifax)

Now we need to understand, when he sent SAR to Intelligent Finance, would they have automatically included details of any credit card, or other accounts held by any others belonging to the Bank of Scotland group???

If so should they have not also supplied us with a least an account number relating to these other charges???

I hope that this is not to confusing and that some body is able to make sense of what I am trying to ask. We are now waiting to send schedule of charges off to IF but are now not sure what we should do about the 'Credit Card Charges' that they have listed, as we do not know where they have come from, but as I said they did supply the Intelligent Finance Plan number on the letter which has nothing to do with any other account/s

Should I just add all charges as per their letter onto the spreadsheet and include a copy of the list of chgs sent by them to justify amounts claimed under this account number?????:confused:

Please help:)

In a nutshell - I don't know!

But! And there's always a but!

In my (last job used to deal with it) opinion. a request under the DPA is for EVERYTHING held under electronic, magnetic, data storage etc. This has been corrupted by us asking for just six years of statements etc. And usually suffices.

You have pieces of a jigsaw there which only you can piece together. So, if it all comes together after the fourteenth time of looking, great. If not re-evaluate.

The charges that you are 100% on, my advice - continue in the way we all do/did.

The ones that you're not sure of, send a letter asking for clarification! A simple - Dear Sir, re xxx what do you mean about xxxx? Yours x

Only when you can seperate everything and are happy can you really start to threaten court action etc.

Take your time.

I mean no offence but would strongly advise that you do one at a time. The strongest case first, then, as you grow more confident and knowledgeable proceed further.

Hope I've helped, let me know.

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

OK, thanks, I understand what you are saying, and I agree. What I will do is try phoning them tomorrow... if I get no help there then I will write and ask if they can tell me credit card these charges are relating too as I do not have, nor have I ever had a credit card with them????

Once again many thanks:)

• 1 month later...

Sorry for coming back on the Halifax threads again (but it gets a bit lonely on the IF threads :)

But once again I am after some help. On Wednesday I sent my 2 LBA's to Intelligent Finance ( 1 for the current account and 1 for the credit card) on Thursday I received a letter from IF part of which says the following:

I am prepared to provide a 50% refund of the charges tht were applied to your current and credit card accounts, in FULL and FINAL settlement of the matter.

If you wish to accept this GWG in FULL and Final settlement to your complaint, please sign and return the enclosed exceptance form and I will arrange for a credit to your current account. I will reiterate that future valid charges will stand and we reserve th right to close your account if you do not manage it correctly.

So now I have a couple of areas that I really need some help with please, firstly I DO NOT want to except this offer so I know that I need to send in a letter of rejection, but I am just a little confused as to which template I should use, I think template 1 (but all templates state that you will accept this a part settlement of your claim) but they do not intend to give this money to me unless I accept it as Final???

Should I just send that template but carry on with my claim as is, or should I add this GWG amount as a refund on my schedule of charges???

My other question is that although I have made seperate claims for my current account and credit card, both have separate account numbers but come under one ' Plan Number ' . IF are putting these totals together when referring to my claim, so when it comes to filing with the court should I just complete one N1 using the ' Plan Number ' and attach a seperate schedule of charges for each account (but include the plan Number on the schedule of charges as well as the account number) or should I still file these as seperate claims..........

As you will probably notice, I am really confused:confused: please, please help me.

Sorry for coming back on the Halifax threads again (but it gets a bit lonely on the IF threads :)

But once again I am after some help. On Wednesday I sent my 2 LBA's to Intelligent Finance ( 1 for the current account and 1 for the credit card) on Thursday I received a letter from IF part of which says the following:

I am prepared to provide a 50% refund of the charges tht were applied to your current and credit card accounts, in FULL and FINAL settlement of the matter.

If you wish to accept this GWG in FULL and Final settlement to your complaint, please sign and return the enclosed exceptance form and I will arrange for a credit to your current account. I will reiterate that future valid charges will stand and we reserve th right to close your account if you do not manage it correctly.

So now I have a couple of areas that I really need some help with please, firstly I DO NOT want to except this offer so I know that I need to send in a letter of rejection, but I am just a little confused as to which template I should use, I think template 1 (but all templates state that you will accept this a part settlement of your claim) but they do not intend to give this money to me unless I accept it as Final???

Should I just send that template but carry on with my claim as is, or should I add this GWG amount as a refund on my schedule of charges???

My other question is that although I have made seperate claims for my current account and credit card, both have separate account numbers but come under one ' Plan Number ' . IF are putting these totals together when referring to my claim, so when it comes to filing with the court should I just complete one N1 using the ' Plan Number ' and attach a seperate schedule of charges for each account (but include the plan Number on the schedule of charges as well as the account number) or should I still file these as seperate claims..........

As you will probably notice, I am really confused:confused: please, please help me.

Can anyone help me at all please:oops:

Hi moneyhelp, many thanks for your help, but I have the problem as to which reject template to use because as I stated in my last post they are not actually going to give a cheque or transfer any money unless I agree to FULL and Final settlement, so I was not quite sure how to amend the template as it mentions that I will only accept this money as part settlement but they are not giving any money at this stage...... Sorry if this all sounds complete rubbish, but thats how I gotten myself all confused.:?

I have read the step by step guide but cannot find the answer there to my other question about how to proceed with this claim once I have to complete the N1, because to date I have treated both accounts as separate claims ( one is a current account & the the other a credit card ) but IF are treating the two amounts as one total, so I was just checking that at this stage if I could now treat these two as one claim when I file with the court and just include the 2 spreadsheets with the N1? even if one is a bank account and the other a card because these both operate under a ' plan ' number.

If I can do this, on the N1 under the Value section would I need to show Bank Chgs xx.xx and add in Credit Card Chgs xx.xx, or would I put all charges against Bank Charges xx.xx?

I am sorry if I am asking stupid questions but this all seems to be getting more and more confusing the further I get with the claim:oops:

Hi moneyhelp, many thanks for your help, but I have the problem as to which reject template to use because as I stated in my last post they are not actually going to give a cheque or transfer any money unless I agree to FULL and Final settlement, so I was not quite sure how to amend the template as it mentions that I will only accept this money as part settlement but they are not giving any money at this stage...... Sorry if this all sounds complete rubbish, but thats how I gotten myself all confused.:?

I have read the step by step guide but cannot find the answer there to my other question about how to proceed with this claim once I have to complete the N1, because to date I have treated both accounts as separate claims ( one is a current account & the the other a credit card ) but IF are treating the two amounts as one total, so I was just checking that at this stage if I could now treat these two as one claim when I file with the court and just include the 2 spreadsheets with the N1? even if one is a bank account and the other a card because these both operate under a ' plan ' number.

If I can do this, on the N1 under the Value section would I need to show Bank Chgs xx.xx and add in Credit Card Chgs xx.xx, or would I put all charges against Bank Charges xx.xx?

I am sorry if I am asking stupid questions but this all seems to be getting more and more confusing the further I get with the claim:oops:

BUMP

Here is the rejection letter I did for my HSBC claim,

Thank you for your letter dated xx.xx.xx offering £xxx.xx in full and final settlement of my request of the bank charges you levied from our account during the last six years. We are prepared to temporarily accept the sum offered as partial settlement on the clear understanding that the remainder of £xxx.xx is to be paid within the next 10 days. Should this money not be credited to my account within the next days I will pursue my claim through the courts of which I will claim the statutory interest of 8% pursuant of s.69 of the Countyt Court Act and costs.

Yours faithfully

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

As for your N1 claim, as you are claiming for a bank account and a credit card account I don't think you can lump these together on one claim (although I may be wrong).

maybe someone else can help you on that question.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

As for your N1 claim, as you are claiming for a bank account and a credit card account I don't think you can lump these together on one claim (although I may be wrong).

maybe someone else can help you on that question.

Jowalshy, thanks for helping me out here. I will adapt your letter and use that.

OK understand regarding the current account and credit card, thats why i have been treating them as separate claims so far, but the problem now is that the 50% that they are offering is 50% of the total of both claims combined and they are doing this under the ' plan number' not the account numbers. :-? so still not sure what to do when filing with the court

You need to keep credit cards and normal accounts seperate.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .