I didnt tell them I changed address!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have lots of debts, I set up a bank account with enough money to pay them and then set up direct debits.

I then moved house and to try to "loose" my credit rating did not change address with my bank (Barclays).

Today I had a phone call (they traced me at my new home) asking that Barclays were after my new address.

I gave this to them. It now seems that my debts with Moorcroft £300, Westcott £700 and CCS £200 have not been paid as agreed.

What will happen now? Im not sure how long I have not paid them (could be up to six months) should I just save up, then post a cheque for the full amount? Or contact them? If I contact them will I have another chance to pay off my debt before baliffs come?

My boyfriend does not know about my situation and I would like to keep it this way and try and solve my problems myself (with your help please!)

Thanks

Guest ian cognito

Why did the direct debits not get paid and what has happened to the money paid into the account for them? If it has disappeared in bank charges you should begin the process to claim them back.

You should contact the creditors as soon as possible as avoiding them will nfortunately not make the debts go away, if you can agree regular payments to pay off the debts and make sure they payments are made, they should leave you in peace.

If you can give more details, someone may be able to help you further.

Thanks. The account went into my over draft, then over the overdraft! I want to pay them back, Im just scared that if I contact them they will not let me pay in installments as this was the original deal and I cant afford to pay the whole lot back. I think things may have gone as far as court proceedings. I just want to pay the money and start again!

Guest ian cognito

From what you have said so far, I think we can assume there are some bank charges that can be claimed back, this isn't a short term solution but could give you an amount to pay off your debts in the not to distant future.

The other possibility is that some of the debts themselves are made up in part of penalty charges, if this is the case, you can dispute the debt and the DCA should refer the case back to the original debtor.

You need to send off some SAR's, have a read of the FAQ's and come back with any further queries.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/