Great Universal Default and CCJ

Layla_ck

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys!

I had a catalogue account with Great Universal which went to a CCJ which I have paid off, but my credit file also shows a default for the same debt. I do not remember receiving a default notice from Great Universal, just the court paper work after I had not paid for two or three statements.

Would it be worth contacting them to see if a default notice was sent and if I can get it removed from my file?

Hi, yes, it was only £210 owed and they took it to a CCJ instead of agreeing to a payment plan :(

Should I send off a CCA or should I send off asking whether they sent me notice before defaulting me?

I think Layla that at this stage, if you have paid off the debt, your credit rating should show that the debt is paid, but I am not sure if you can ask to have it removed or not if its settled??!!

A CCA will not as far as I can tell be useful, maybe more a case of an SAR showing all of your history with them and when they advised you of the default. This may answer your questions?

They were a bit mean for £210!!

thanks for your reply :)

I was also shocked that they defaulted AND ccj'd me for £210, and only agreed to a payment plan after it had gone to court! Grrr, but it was my own fault for not keeping up with payments :(

I thought if I could prove there was no credit agreement then there is no debt and as such they should remove their details from my file? I wouldn't be asking for the money back that I paid as I did owe it to them, just wondered if I could get rid of the default?

hi layla - i personally think it is too late you have admitted the debt by completing the admission form to the court - how long ago was this? the default should show as satisfied and if it is more than six years it should be removed

Good luck

Linz, other than waiting 6 years do you know of any other way of having the default / ccj removed?

I guess that Layla you are concerned about having adverse credit history (especially for the miniscule amount that you were taken to court for!)?

Red

I wonder if it is worth sending off one of Surley's default removal letters, as the account was been paid in full in Nov 2005, not even a settlement figure, then they will not be losing out by removing the default?