Redo V Hsbc

redo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, i wrote to hsbc on the 8th March with a letter from the Which web site.

It was a basic letter just asking for a refund of the amount i wonted refunded, I received a letter from Colin on the 19th March, asking for an itemised breakdown of the charges to enable him to consider my request.

I then came accross this webb site, where I sent your letter of request for repayment of charges, along with the breakdown of charges by recorded delivery on the 25th March.

I have had no reply, I rang today just to see if they received my letter, I was told they had received it on the 30th March, and they would reply within 28 days (their time limits)

I have just sent the LBA recorded delivery this afternoon, can anyone tell me what I should expect next? only I have been reading through all the threads on this site and my mind is in overdrive. I sure I am in over my head here, as i am not the brightest spark on the fire and I am worried

I am in to deep already :confused:

Guest louis wu

Redo

Firstly, dont panic, lots of people with the same feelings makeposts like this all the time.

The best thing you can do is read as much as you can, about both the process you are undertaking, and the threads and posts made by people that have sucessfully claimed back their charges.

You will find that the process is straightforward, but needs to be fully understood. With that understanding comes the confidence you need to follow this through to a succesful conclussion.

You will also find that many thousands of others have had similar thought nd worries to yours, and its nothing to get too worried about. IMO its good to be slightly concerned, its stops you being too cocky and making silly mistakes.

Take your time, just because you have sent your LBA doesn't mean you have to start court preceedings in 14 days, and my advice would be to NOT do anything until you are ready to do so, if that means leaving it 4 weeks then so be it.

Have a good read, ask some questions, learn whats going on, and then when YOU are ready, continue with your claim and get your charges back.

Best of luck

Louis

Guest louis wu

No idea, Abbey settled a few weeks before the court date, Abbey second claim has just seen me send off N1 court form, MBNA settled after my LBA, Nationwide and LLoyds are still pending.

Its a lottery, they are all snowed under, so I wouldn't expect anything positive for a while

Louis

hello redo - welcome & good luck

the next stage is to prepare for filing you claim - 14 days after the LBA

read up on the next step as you go through each stage & it wont seem so daunting.

you're unlikely to get as far as going to court - I don't think anyone has yet

theres plenty of help here for you - just ask :)

Guest louis wu
hello redo - welcome & good luck

the next stage is to prepare for filing you claim - 14 days after the LBA

read up on the next step as you go through each stage & it wont seem so daunting.

you're unlikely to get as far as going to court - I don't think anyone has yet

theres plenty of help here for you - just ask :)

Thats good advice pinkdutchess:) , as for going to court, I dont know of anyone who has had to step into the courtroom with a straightforward claim. I know some have with regards to contractual interest, or with a SAR's issue, but not for their charges. Be prepared to go, however, because some people have had their claim settled on the court steps, so its always best to be prepared, it may make it easier for you in the long run.

Louis