Reubenpal v Woolwich

reubenpal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. :)

I've been a lurker for a while and have decided its time to start my own thread.

I send my SAR recorded delivery on the 21st March. Royalmail.com confirmed delivery on 22nd and I recieved the standard reply on the 23rd so I guess they at least can't deny receiving it!

By my reckoning the 40+2 days is up on the 3rd May. Is it worth a phone call in a week or so reminding them of the deadline for providing my my list of charges?

Hi reubenpal

It's not worth a phone call - unless you are feeling at a loose end with nothing better to do than run up your phone bill :D

Sadly, reading the boards will show you that a lot of the responses you get from staff manning the phones are just regurgitated blurb that they are giving to everyone. So far, they seem to be getting most of the lists out inside of the 42 days, often a few days short of the deadline. A phone call won't make any difference really as it seems they are just working through mass SAR requests and getting them out (as someone said on another thread) in a conveyor belt fashion.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Thanks for the reply welshcakes. I suspected as much, but you may be right about me being restless about getting moving with the whole thing.;)

I thought perhaps that being as they are snowed under with SAR's, a verbal reminder that I haven't gone away might prompt them to pull their finger out with my request. :D

Ah well, I suppose I'll just have to sit tight and hope they arrive before times up.

Wouldn't you believe it the post has just arrived and there they were on the doormat.

£5,215 :mad:

However, the letter states that it is a list of charges over the last 6 years but the first charge listed is dated 01/05/02.

TBH I have trouble remembering if I just didn't incurre any charges in the preceding year or is this a tatic used before by them?

• 1 month later...

Well I claimed £4985 and the Woolwich offered £4000 which I accepted. I still have around £400 of charges outstanding after the date of my ones claimed. Can I now ask for these or have I forfeited the right to by accepting their offer for the previous lot?

Advice very much appreciated.

Hi reubenpal

Readng thru similar questions already posted on site, many have made fresh applications to cover the charges that have been imposed since original claim.

All you did was come to out of court settlement in respect of known charges for a specific period and unless you signed something stating you would not make any future claims in respect of the account, you have not burnt your bridges.

• Haha 1

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41