Killercop v Barclays

killercop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today is the day I decided to take action for all them nasty charges that I have paid on my two bank accounts that I have held with Barclays for over six years. I imagine the amount that I have been "fined" is running into the 000's as I used to be self employed.

I will post updates here with how I get on throughout the process.

Day 1

Phoned Barclays and spoke to a helpful lady called Amy.

I asked that I could have all statements for both accounts running back six years. She told me that she would go back to January 2001 to make sure I got everything covered.

I asked if there was a fee and she told me that as I was disputing bank charges she would waiver the fee !! (which would normally be £5 per account)

She said the only downside is that it should normally take 6 days for my request to come through but as of recent demand has shot through the roof it could take up to three weeks !!!

The waiting game begins

good

usual advice is to do things in writing using the site templates so it's all legal and formal and you have a record of what was sent to whom when

your claim though

keep us all informed, best of luck but you'll be fine if you follow the correct procedure as per the step by step instructions on the site

Welcome!

There have been a few instances recently of promises being made on the phone, and not being kept. I'm not in any way trying to imply that there's any sort of 'culture of dishonesty' - heaven forbid! :rolleyes: I'm sure helpful Amy is genuine enough - it's the rest of them I'm not sure about!

Like Harry, I'd recommend you do EVERYTHING in writing, and send it to Barclays by recorded delivery every time, then you have a complete record of what you did, what they said etc.

Nice to have it all in black and white, should you ever end up in court.

good luck,:D

D.

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

Who's Harry?

Sorry Micky:o :o :o

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

Phoned Barclays......

She said the only downside is that it should normally take 6 days for my request to come through but as of recent demand has shot through the roof it could take up to three weeks !!!

Killer you may have a problem, Barclays have no deadlines to work against so they could take forever and a day with your request and there is nothing you could do about it

why???

You didnt send in the SAR, verbally over the phone means nothing, no proof you even requested them.

Personally I would start again and send with the SAR the payment of £10 via chq.

Send this to 1 Churchill Place Recorded Delivery asap.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

• 1 month later...

DAY 43 no statements

Phone Barclays who originally stated that I had to wait 40 working days. Thought that was wrong so phoned IOC they said thats crap its 40 calender days so I rephoned Barclays and was put through to the retail banking department. The lady on the phone was very appologetic and stated that she would print my statements off and get them sent to me either today or tomorrow.

The waiting game continues.....

Hi Killercop,

I had this problem with Barclays. (they seem to have a talent for delaying tactics) But after my phone call to them (like yours above) I got the statements within about 5 days.

That doesn't mean you can't report them to the IOC in the mean time though :razz:

Good Luck

Pickle