Minnow vs. Lloyds TSB

Minnow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Just got my statements and printed a schedule of the charges, so I'm about ready to make the initial approach for my money.

One question: the account is held jointly with my elderly mother. Lloyds TSB already know that my mother is ga-ga and not in charge of her own finances, and therefore they send all statements and correspondence directly to me. Will I still need to get my mother to sign every letter I write, or should Lloyds be happy enough with my own signature considering they already know my mother's mental state? I was thinking about adding a paragraph onto the first letter, basically a bit for her to sign, saying that she is happy for me to take charge. What do you guys think?

Minnow

Minnow... a little fish taking on a shark!

Is this your mother's a/c, where you have authorisation/power of attorney

or is it actually a joint a/c, ie in both names where either of you can sign cheques

If the first, then you can sign as a Litgation Friend, who is someone who represents a patient or child, ie someone incapable of representing themselves.

If a joint /ac in both names, then either of you can sign the letters

Thanks for the quick replies :)

It's a joint a/c where either of us can sign cheques etc. (Interestingly, mother doesn't have a card for the account - not that she could remember the pin - so I suppose I'm the primary holder.)

Ok, initial request is in the post tomorrow morning.

Thanks again.

Oh, I've addressed the letter to Gresham Road - is that ok, or should I address it to my local branch first?

• 3 weeks later...

Just received Lloyds TSB's circular stating that these are not default charges because I haven't broken my agreement, and that they are charges for additional services.

About to send off the LBA.