• Tweets

• Our price is the same all day, but varies day to day. Yes there's a risk of high prices but it has never gone above SVR any time since I signed up. Last 30 days average 17.67p/kWh, max 20.67 and lowest was 11.83.  It saved just under £300 during 2023.  
    • It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

overflow v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just popped in to wish you good luck, old friend, you go get `em

669a68be.gif

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard anything from overflow yet, I really hope it's good news for her.

n120.gif

I've still got everything crossed for you overflow.goodluck.gif

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Guys

Just to update, as you know I was in court yesterday.

Went in asked where I had to go and was told to wait in the waiting room, Sitting there for 20 mins and then this man appeared asked who I was and said he'd tell Mr B I was there. Mr B came in and introduced himself ads the representitive for Halifax and then said that it was a good job the DJ was runnin late or they would have gone ahead without me.:!: I'd been told to sit in the wrong waiting room:o .

This Mr B asked if I knew that he was requesting a stay and I said yes I'd had a letter off the bank in October telling me, He didnt know that.

He didnt seem to have any real knowledge of the case at all just said he'd been asked to come to request it be set aside and stayed.

Bank was saying that I hadnt given them any shedule of charges, when I told Mr B that he asked if I had them and if so could he see them, so I showed him. He did'nt know I was going for compound interest either.

Into the Chambers we went and the DJ introduced himself and then asked Mr B to put his side , which he did . Then the DJ asked why they hadn't filed a Defence, to which the reply was, "Well as you know there has been so many cases that this one seems to have slipped through the net, not our fault really just happens to be one of those things"

To say the DJ was less than impressed would be an understatement, He cut Mr B short and said that that was not really acceptable.( my hopes soared).

I was then asked to put my side and I used the argument that zootscoot had kindly posted also emphasised that they had plenty of time to Defend as I had rang them on several occasions to ask if they had filed as time was running out for them. Said all the stuff about Human Rights and how they have been paying out in the past and that if they truly thought that the charges were fair then how come they have paid out so much if they thought they neednt have had to.

Mr B could not really give me an answer to that just fluffed about how the charges were lawful and transparent.

Then the DJ started looking in one of his legal books for the CPR's 13.3(2) which he read out.

I think that was when I knew the bank had got their stay.

The DJ thanked me for my input and then dropped the bombshell.

He said that although he thought that the bank had plenty of time to Defend he was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that it was just an oversight, he appologised to me saying that he knew I would be disappointed (you're not kidding mate), but, as this test case would start in January then hopefully the outcome would be more pleasing to me.

He wrote directions (about 5) one of which stated that if I wanted to appeal then I could,(yea, right, why bother), the rest I didnt really listen to as I had just swithched off by then.

Although I knew deep down that I wouldnt win, I was still secretly hopeing that perhaps I would.:(

There you have it , sorry this is so long if your still reading this I have decided not to bother appealin, not much point is there.

Looks like I will join the queque and sit patiently twiddling my thumbs till the test case is finally decided. Just how long that will take gawd alone knows.

Thanks to all who have given me so much support in this though I really do appreciate it.

Regards :)

• Haha 2

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

What a bunch of cr*p !!! Well at least you tried your best old friend. At least you can count the interest whilst you are sat on thumbs! Not to long to wait now, another couple of months and we will all know where we stand.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

I'm so sorry that it was the outcome we could do without, I wonder what the DJ'd have said if it was you who'd been unprepared?? But you did your best & no-one can knock you for that.

It looks as though we'll have to wait now for this court case to start & finish & hope that it'll go in our favour & not the banks.

Keep your chin up overflow, & have a lovelysanta2.gif Christmas & 8_6_11v.gif I hope you get everything you wish for.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well done Overflow!

It looks like you made a valient attempt and certainly kept them on their toes and gave them something to think about. At least you can hold your head high knowing that you faced them and take some solace in the thought of how much it has cost them to send someone out for the court appearance. Also don't forget all that interest nicely building up.

Sit back and relax for Christmas so that you are refreshed for battle in the New Year.

All the best

Zoot :)

Hi Guys.

Thank you all for kind words, cheered me up no end.:D .

Thanks Stone and Ja-De for click.

Zootscoot, not sure about the interest gathering though, my claim was for set amount, so I think I would need to go after them again for charges levied since July. Although when we win, hopefully everyone will get everything that is due to them back

Hope You All Have

A

Fantastic Crimbo

and

A

Prosperous New Year!

:D :D :D :D

Regards

:)

• Haha 1

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

You're welcome overflow.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

hi Overflow :)

so sorry court never went your way ,,, stupid peeps , think you were very brave to stand up to them , and deserve a good voddie and coke lol ,, anyways lets hope the New Year brings us all better luck , but most importantly is the friends we have made on this forum no matter what the ups and downs are :) You all stick by each other , sorry i not been round much but well,, s will try and pop in now and again ,, Have a wonderful Year ,, hugs xoxoxo

• Haha 1

happybday.gif

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday dear overflow,

Happy Birthday to you.

110103_birthday_cake_prv.gif

I hope it's a good one.

xxx

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it your birthday O F ? happy birthday, have a really good one and enjoy yourself. then first thing monday morning wrap up well and get yourself down to the council offices for your BUS PASS and

walker_shake_lg_nwm.gif

lengua9ep.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

• 2 months later...

Hello my friend!!:) :)

Saw a post from you on another thread. Hope all is well with you and everyone OK!

All we can really do is wait for July and ensure all claims are submitted so that no interest or early years charges are lost.

I still think things will be OK, although it will take time and the appeals process. However, entirely possible after July that claims are back on.

Take care, Kind regards, Kenny xx:) :)

hi kenny

hope your right my friend. seems to be going on forever.

not heard anything at all , though i might be looking in the wrong places . lol

keep good.

Regards

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

• 1 month later...

HI all

just thought id pop in to see if anyone had any news yet about whats going on with this test case.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

• 2 months later...

HI All . Not been around for so long. thought I'd nip in to see if there was any news on the oft case.

Cant seem to find anything.

Anyone throw any light on the subject please. Whats going on now?

• Haha 1

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi O/F, my old friend good to see you are still around and kicking. FSA have extender waiver until January, so we are all still sitting on thumbs waiting and counting the interest mounting daily. :lol::lol:. Hugs Stone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Hi Stone.

Good to hear from you . Thanks for that info.

Im still kicking anyhow, looks like this is going to drag on and on . Stil the interest is piling up for us all so thats some small concellation I suppose.

Our thumbs are going to be all wrinkly by the time we can actually pull them out and dont have to sit on them anymore.

Huggy regards x

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

You might find these interesting OF the 1st one is a basic summary

executive summary

and this one is the full report, could take you a week or so to read, I haven`t managed it yet LOL

Market study into personal current accounts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Thanks me old mate,

ill take a looksie now.:D

huggles

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

WADAYAMEAN OLD !!!!!!!! :eek::eek::D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

• 2 months later...

HI Tilly

not been around for a while. just popping in now to see if there is any news.

Ive been in wales for a few days to chill out after my ordeal the other week when i was held up at gunpoint at work and had to give the contents of the till to two little scumbags.

not only robbed by the banks but by these two sicko's as well eh.

at least this time it wasnt my money ha ha.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.