• Tweets

• What you have uploaded is a letter with daft empty threats from third-party paper tigers.  Just ignore it. What we need to see is the original invoice you received last October or November.
    • Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

£750 Small Claims Limit what should we do?????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have started to claim back all the unfair account charges that have been applied to my account. The total is going to be in excess of £3000.00 between my two accounts.

The first account is under the £750.00 limit for small claims in Scotland but my other account will be well in excess of that.

Wont putting in 4 claims to the court be too much work for firstly the court, secondly the bank and thirdly myself?

Has anyone else had any similar experiences and how did they deal with it?

Any help greatly appreciated.

I think it is important to consider a couple of points:

Fistly, it is possible that a bank is eventually going to complain that splitting claims is an abuse of court process.

I would also say that whilst filing a claim for an amount above £750 does mean that you would potentially face some costs - but only if the case went to court, and that you were to lose. Also, claims below £15k are limited to £750, and if it is below £10k it is £500.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply. Am I right in thinking then that I should file for the full amount ie +/- £3000.00 in one go. Am I also right in thinking that claims over £750.00 will also only incurr more court charges if I am unseccussful at court? or will the case be thrown out because it is over £750.00?

Sorry for all the questions I have read the FAQ's and also alot of posts from inside the Scotland Topic but I'm still unsure of what to do.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply. Am I right in thinking then that I should file for the full amount ie +/- £3000.00 in one go. Am I also right in thinking that claims over £750.00 will also only incurr more court charges if I am unseccussful at court? or will the case be thrown out because it is over £750.00?

Sorry for all the questions I have read the FAQ's and also alot of posts from inside the Scotland Topic but I'm still unsure of what to do.

The choice is yours - a claim for £750 or less carries no risk of costs if you lose - above that then you have a limited possibility as I said above.

Of course, issuing for a claim above £750 will be more expensive - but it will have the advantage of dealing with the issue quicker.

Please note that the process for claims over £750 in Scotland is far more complex, and it would be advisable to have a good look through the Scotland forum.

Hi,

I would just appreciate some feedback as to whether or not I have done things correctly and what my next step is along with some advice about a couple things on my mind at the moment.

I trawled my online statements and worked out that Lloyds have taken £790.00 unfairly ie: U/PAID DD and O/DRAFT EXCESS from me and my partners joint account. I went straight to the LBA and posted that recorded delivery yesterday. Is that right? If so whats my next step after the 14 days have elapsed?

Also...My bank has had some manual intervention in the form of passing my account to central collections and they have set up various plans for me to pay the money that is overdrawn back.

On two occasions I was unable to stick to the plan and they contacted me again. I am now on my 3rd and final agreement.

Will this affect my claim as they had to manually intervene?

I am currently waiting on my internet banking username through the post so I can do the same for my current account. The amount for my current account which I intend on claiming back in one claim is well over the £750.00 limit which I understand is recovered in the same procedure but through a different track at the court.

Has anyone been in a similar position and is anyone willing to help me out with advice and a bit of "Hand Holding" should my case reach court?

I'm in Fife by the way.

Thanks very much guys and girls I eagerly await a reply.

Mark

Issuing a case above £750 is exactly the same process and it would be heard at the same court - it is just allocated to a different track.

I am not sure if this is correct. If you go out with the small claims court you are advised to use a solicitor. I am sure I read somewhere that if the bank were to defend you would have to show that their charges were punative and this could involve the services of a forensic accountant.

Would certainly be worth checking this out further.

Woolfie

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Issuing a case above £750 is exactly the same process and it would be heard at the same court - it is just allocated to a different track.

That isn't quite correct.....if you issue a small claims...(i have just had my 2nd claim settled from Halifax)....then the court server summons etc...and deal with everything.....whereas £750 to £1500 is dealt with under a 'summary cause' where you are liable for a lot more paperwork, fees, (and defendants expenses should you lose - Max £500)

Above £1500 you would be advised to get a lawyer involved

I have stuck to the small claims....first claim was paid within 20 days of it being issued....2nd claim has just been settled today (less than 10 days since serving summons)

I would be more than happy to answer any other questions if you pm me...also check out my sticky post at the top of scotland section for filling out claim forms

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU IN REPLYING TO YOUR POST, CAN YOU CLICK ON THE SCALES AND LET ME KNOW

Halifax - Total £2116 - Plus approx £300 in interest plus fees for 3 small claims...settled all within 3 weeks of claim.....Now for the mortgage.....

Clydesdale Bank - Credit Card - Sent Data Protection Act - Awaiting statements

Clydesdale Bank - Current Account - Awaiting statements

Hi,

Firstly thanks for the replies in my thread.

When filling out the form 1a and 1b What do I put under the defendants name and address?

I live in Scotland and am taking action against Lloyds TSB. I'm busy filling out the the forms now as I got the STD. reply to my LBA today.

Many thanks

• 6 months later...

scottish court system...

1. small claims....limited to under £750..... costs £39.00 to issue

2. sumary cause... limited to under £1500 ....costs £39.00 to issue .... £15.odd to be served by sheriffs officer which you must arrange court will give you a list of nearest ones. could be found liable for costs up to £750 if loose but highly unlikely against a lay person.

3. anything above these limits the court insist you must be represented by a solicitor.

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

Isnt it about time we started to Shout at the Scottish Parliament about this ridiculous low level in the Small Claims limit in Scotland.

Might be worth seriously thinking about..any comments welcome..lol

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Completely agree Reidnet!!! £750 in this day and age is nothing. If the banks did start complaining about splitting claims being an abuse of the system this would give us a good starting point to try and get it dealt with in the Scottish Parliament.

To OP you could also think about sending in the larger one through the English system. You can then claim for amounts up to £5000. It would mean that you would have to use an address in England (perhaps a friend!) and you would have to travel to England should you need to attend court but that is very unlikely!!!!

Hope this helps

Gemspan

You can claim through the English Court System without an address in England, as long as you post the Claim etc to the Court. I asked Wolverhampton about this and they say no problem. If you want to use MCOL then you will require an Address in England.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks