Debbief135 V Barclays

debbief135

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Recieved statements from Barclays in record time, about a week I think, so I thought that was pretty good going, then sent first letter requesting they pay my money back (£4455), that was 3 weeks ago with no response at all, they seem to go from one extreme to the other! Anyway today I have sent 2nd letter threatening to take them to court and allowing another 14 days from todays date, so watch this space hopefully might get some joy now.

Many thanks for all the helpful advice that is given in this forum.

Best wishes

Debbie

Hi Debbie.

You're right on course.

Don't expect to hear too much at this point. I sent my initial request letter on March 13th, and haven't had a peep out of them since!

Do exactly what you've told them you'll do, and when. You're in charge with this claim.

Make 'em sweat!:D :D :D

Best of luck,

D:D

• Haha 1

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, well today finally I have received a response after the 2nd letter requesting they pay bank charges and threatening to take them to court, by the way the deadline would of been up on the 1st may. The letter just was the standard apology letter saying they would look in to my complaint and would take up to 8 weeks. Shame they only have until Tuesday when I push that little button on MCOL submitting my court case isnt it :p

• 1 month later...

Got another Letter now from Barclays stating that they were looking into my claim and would have a response by the 18th June, there deadline was up 1st May but I was away on holiday and so didnt file an online claim, however I am now back from holiday and thought 18th June was unacceptable so went to file an online claim and couldnt cos they dont take Electron Cards, which is all I have, so now looks like I am gonna have to wait until the 18th to see what little gem barclays come up with. Can use another family members card but will wait now and just see.

Thats the update so far.

Out of interest for those that have also had this letter stating that they were looking into it and would reply by 18th June, or whatever date, did they then stick to their own deadline and with what response?

Would be interested to know what happened to your claim after receiving this letter?

Debbie, this is a std letter from B's. you have already given them a deadline, once that has expired you move on to the next stage.

Remember, this is YOUR claim, for once you are telling THEM what to do.

• Haha 1

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Barclays were true to their word and they did stick to their deadline and Offered me £2910 which is 75% of my claim, which isnt bad considering I didnt even submit a court claim in the end because MCOL didnt except electron so I couldnt, but no need now anyway because I am going to accept it as £2910 is a lot more than I had yesterday.

Many thanks for everyones help

Congratulations :)

• Haha 1

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Debbie..i submitted my claim at my local court and paid cash....

Enjoy your money whichever route you choose....Wish somebody would give me £ 1,545. for doing nothing but wait 6 more weeks...

• Haha 1

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.