Help- Can we claim late payment charges on store cards

Amy1471

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya Everyone,

Iv just claimed all my bank charges back from HSBC, im in the process of a claim with Lloyds and i was thinking about getting started on the store cards i use to have for River Island and House of Frasier!

I never went overdrawn on these cards, not that i know if you can or not but i did have late payment charges which were just ridiculous amounts. Am i able to claim these back?

I still have all my statements so i wouldnt be a problem to work it out all out, but i just need to know if i can before i start, and what letter do i send off? Is it the same as the one for the banks?

Thanks again everyone!!!

Amy :p

the short answer is yes - we have done it (Burtons store card, GE Money, see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/55863-son-steven4064-ge-money.html)

Steven

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

... at contractuyal rate compounded over the time since the charge - that's what they would do to you!

Steven

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

So, i had a river island store card and a house of frasier one. Can i claim both acounts on one letter (is it the same letter you send off to the banks) and is it to GE money? Does anyone have the address?

Thanks All!!

x

Amy :p

If they are both GE Money (and I am pretty sure they are) then you can send one letter (and 1 lot of £10) to cover both. Quote both account numbers in your letter.

I presume we are talking SAR here -

send to

Sarah Wainwright

Data Protection Administratror

GE Money

PO Bax 700

Leeds

LS99 2BD

Send preliminary request for payment to

Richard Wynn-Davies at the same address

Steven

Steven

My Wins

Creation Finance -I have a Faith account and Citibank.They are a nightmare. If you are 1 day late they charge £24.00. I cannot keep up with them due to their charges. They go over my limit with their charges and charge me even more. How can I put a stop to this?

Tinhat

At least you can recalim the charges so far. It (probably) won't stop them putting them on in future but it will help with managing you money. Sooner or later all these institutions are going to get teh message that we (and the law) won't stand for it.

Steven

Steven

My Wins